28-08-2012, 11:48
from my library (vinyl)
![[Image: 220px-Lp-cover-mike-rutherford-acting-very-strange.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8e/Lp-cover-mike-rutherford-acting-very-strange.jpg/220px-Lp-cover-mike-rutherford-acting-very-strange.jpg)
Can't say much for this one. Bought because I was a Genesis fan. Found out I wasn't a Mike Rutherford fan (excluding
Living Years). His vocals just don't do it for me. This album was made after Genesis' Abacab tour was wrapped up.
The group was still together, so this was one of those side projects. Mike's second as a solo act. Not really solo.
In fact I just realized how misused that word is in music. There are very few solo albums. Wait wait, I'm getting
off track again. Stewart Copeland is on this album. Didn't know that till now. The writing and delivery is not good
on most of these. Only liked 3 of the 8 tracks. Maxine (said about a hundred times) was released as a single but
failed. Assuming Halfway There was a single also, as there is a video for it. The album got a #23 in the UK and a
weak #145 stateside. Mike gave up the solo act and formed Mike & The Mechanics while still a member of Genesis.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Couldn't Get Arrested
Best Track - Hideaway
1) Acting Very Strange **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MLKuRg0hlU
2) A Day To Remember *
audio - [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kRH0CANKU\"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kRH0CANKU
[/URL]3) Maxine *
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfe9qslTdo
4) Halfway There *
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxuAdf5pTvk
5) Who's Fooling Who **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2LcKsczzII
6) Couldn't Get Arrested *
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CgzRhjweSI
7) I Don't Wanna Know *
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVBP_DGEcE
8) Hideaway **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcwdaHZeaI
3's - 0
2's - 3
1's - 5
Grade - 1.4
allmusic - 1.6
Can't say much for this one. Bought because I was a Genesis fan. Found out I wasn't a Mike Rutherford fan (excluding
Living Years). His vocals just don't do it for me. This album was made after Genesis' Abacab tour was wrapped up.
The group was still together, so this was one of those side projects. Mike's second as a solo act. Not really solo.
In fact I just realized how misused that word is in music. There are very few solo albums. Wait wait, I'm getting
off track again. Stewart Copeland is on this album. Didn't know that till now. The writing and delivery is not good
on most of these. Only liked 3 of the 8 tracks. Maxine (said about a hundred times) was released as a single but
failed. Assuming Halfway There was a single also, as there is a video for it. The album got a #23 in the UK and a
weak #145 stateside. Mike gave up the solo act and formed Mike & The Mechanics while still a member of Genesis.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Couldn't Get Arrested
Best Track - Hideaway
1) Acting Very Strange **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MLKuRg0hlU
2) A Day To Remember *
audio - [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kRH0CANKU\"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kRH0CANKU
[/URL]3) Maxine *
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfe9qslTdo
4) Halfway There *
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxuAdf5pTvk
5) Who's Fooling Who **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2LcKsczzII
6) Couldn't Get Arrested *
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CgzRhjweSI
7) I Don't Wanna Know *
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVBP_DGEcE
8) Hideaway **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcwdaHZeaI
3's - 0
2's - 3
1's - 5
Grade - 1.4
allmusic - 1.6

