Gidday Tiggi!
I've been doing it on and off for the better part of 35 years now and whether I look it or not am shit-scared every time I face an audience. More so when it's just a small audience in a little venue than a big venue.
Shirley's and my first 'date' was a gig that I did as part of the Midsummer Jazz in Sydney's Domain on January 5th, 1986. I walked out on stage and there were something of the order of 60,000 people there waiting to hear me. The applause was just unbelievable and when I walked back off stage Jazz/Blues singer Margret RoadKnight literally picked me up off the ground and hugged me - I was considerably lighter in those days I must add, only around 100kg. These days I weigh around 170kg.
Maybe it's something to do with the cancer medication (female hormones), but I'm losing size and gaining weight. And my hair has been growing back for the past two years since I started taking them. :wink:
I love performing 'live' though, sadly, these days I have to sit and can't get up to my antics of old as between the arthritis and diabetes and every bloody thing else I can't stand for very long at all.
I've been doing it on and off for the better part of 35 years now and whether I look it or not am shit-scared every time I face an audience. More so when it's just a small audience in a little venue than a big venue.
Shirley's and my first 'date' was a gig that I did as part of the Midsummer Jazz in Sydney's Domain on January 5th, 1986. I walked out on stage and there were something of the order of 60,000 people there waiting to hear me. The applause was just unbelievable and when I walked back off stage Jazz/Blues singer Margret RoadKnight literally picked me up off the ground and hugged me - I was considerably lighter in those days I must add, only around 100kg. These days I weigh around 170kg.
Maybe it's something to do with the cancer medication (female hormones), but I'm losing size and gaining weight. And my hair has been growing back for the past two years since I started taking them. :wink:
I love performing 'live' though, sadly, these days I have to sit and can't get up to my antics of old as between the arthritis and diabetes and every bloody thing else I can't stand for very long at all.
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues
Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues
Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)

