05-11-2012, 21:48
A drummer is a musician (percussionist) that performs music mainly on a the multi-percussion instrument. Ive seen this question about drummers being actual musicians debated on music forums time and time again. The drummer keeps the timing (heart & soul) for the whole band and is one of the main players in the basic rhythm section of most bands. It sounds a little unreasonable paying a drummer less than other musicians, these guys really have to work hard physically to perform their job correctly. Especially with certain types of music like rock, jazz, etc.
I would question the viability of a lead vocalist being a musician if he didnt play any musical instruments verses a drummer. I know that years ago a lead vocalist did not have to be in the musicians "Union" if he didnt use any musical instruments while performing on stage. I dont know if that still stands the same way these days or not within the Musicians Union?
I would question the viability of a lead vocalist being a musician if he didnt play any musical instruments verses a drummer. I know that years ago a lead vocalist did not have to be in the musicians "Union" if he didnt use any musical instruments while performing on stage. I dont know if that still stands the same way these days or not within the Musicians Union?

