10-11-2012, 14:00
from my library (cd)
![[Image: 220px-Crowded_house_-_ch.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/21/Crowded_house_-_ch.jpg/220px-Crowded_house_-_ch.jpg)
A gift from a mate. Thought he said this was the Woodface album but it's not. It's their debut album.
Either they screwed up in the shipping department or the mate was mistaken. I'll go for the former. This
was the groups biggest selling album here, with the hit and my favorite of Don't Dream, It's Over. A
couple of tracks challenge that fav status and with more plays, who knows. Nothing I don't like on the
album and it just misses that love mark. After the breakup of Split Enz this was Neil Finn's next project.
The group was first named the Mullanes but label Capitol rejected that. Didn't know a label could reject
your damn name. To be expected the group was most popular in their homeland of Australia with the album
reaching #1 there, and a #1 here, #8 in Canada, and #99 in the UK. Single of that favorite track reached
#2 here and #8 in Australia. Something So Strong was also a hit at #7 here and #18 there. Looks like for
this album the singles were more popular here.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Tombstone
Best Track - Don't Dream, It's Over
1) Mean To Me **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQnY8aUYp0
2) World Where You Live **
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chVPi-CZ34E
3) Now We're Getting Somewhere ***
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Vl_OFScbc
4) Don't Dream, It's Over ***
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20
5) Love You 'Til The Day I Die **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mfRMdj-sg
6) Something So Strong ***
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyBKzBtaKWM
7) Hole In The River **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUiyrKHIxAg
8) Can't Carry On **
9) Tombstone **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CdGIoIjLc
10) That's What I Call Love **
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF3ODS9eq8
3's - 3
2's - 7
1's - 0
Grade - 2.3
allmusic - 2.2
A gift from a mate. Thought he said this was the Woodface album but it's not. It's their debut album.
Either they screwed up in the shipping department or the mate was mistaken. I'll go for the former. This
was the groups biggest selling album here, with the hit and my favorite of Don't Dream, It's Over. A
couple of tracks challenge that fav status and with more plays, who knows. Nothing I don't like on the
album and it just misses that love mark. After the breakup of Split Enz this was Neil Finn's next project.
The group was first named the Mullanes but label Capitol rejected that. Didn't know a label could reject
your damn name. To be expected the group was most popular in their homeland of Australia with the album
reaching #1 there, and a #1 here, #8 in Canada, and #99 in the UK. Single of that favorite track reached
#2 here and #8 in Australia. Something So Strong was also a hit at #7 here and #18 there. Looks like for
this album the singles were more popular here.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Tombstone
Best Track - Don't Dream, It's Over
1) Mean To Me **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQnY8aUYp0
2) World Where You Live **
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chVPi-CZ34E
3) Now We're Getting Somewhere ***
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Vl_OFScbc
4) Don't Dream, It's Over ***
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20
5) Love You 'Til The Day I Die **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mfRMdj-sg
6) Something So Strong ***
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyBKzBtaKWM
7) Hole In The River **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUiyrKHIxAg
8) Can't Carry On **
9) Tombstone **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CdGIoIjLc
10) That's What I Call Love **
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF3ODS9eq8
3's - 3
2's - 7
1's - 0
Grade - 2.3
allmusic - 2.2

