11-11-2012, 16:49
RADIOHEAD - KID A (2000)
![[Image: 51ZWr2hIj8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZWr2hIj8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
I'll admit Crazy mate that RADIOHEAD are a complex band to grasp! The first time I heard them on their single CREEP I was hooked! To me they're a modern electronic Beatles. I think if you give KID A a try you'll be surprised . This is my favorite album of theirs.
SOUND SAMPLES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7bIYSVpYSU - Idiotheque
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-7MeqSIj4E - The National Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRk0sjSgFU - Everything In Its Right Place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mExWziqCwNg - Optimistic
ROLLING STONE review:
"In texture and structure, Kid A, Radiohead's fourth album, renounced everything in rock that, to Yorke in particular, reeked of the tired and overfamiliar: clanging arena-force guitars, verse-chorus-bridge song tricks.
With producer Nigel Godrich, Yorke, guitarist Ed O'Brien, drummer Phil Selway, bassist Colin Greenwood and guitarist Jonny Greenwood created an enigma of slippery electronics and elliptical angst, sung by Yorke in an often indecipherable croon. The closest thing to riffing on Kid A was the fuzz-bass lick in "The National Anthem"; the guitars in "Morning Bell" sounded more like seabirds.
The result was the weirdest hit album of that year, by a band poised to be the modern-rock Beatles, following the breakthrough of OK Computer. In fact, only 10 months into the century, Radiohead had made the decade's best album — by rebuilding rock itself, with a new set of basics and a bleak but potent humanity. Yorke's loathing of celebrity inspired the contrary beauty of "How to Disappear Completely," with its watery orchestration and his voice flickering in and out of earshot. His electronically squished pleading in "Kid A" sounded like a baby kicking inside a hard drive."
![[Image: 51ZWr2hIj8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZWr2hIj8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
I'll admit Crazy mate that RADIOHEAD are a complex band to grasp! The first time I heard them on their single CREEP I was hooked! To me they're a modern electronic Beatles. I think if you give KID A a try you'll be surprised . This is my favorite album of theirs.
SOUND SAMPLES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7bIYSVpYSU - Idiotheque
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-7MeqSIj4E - The National Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRk0sjSgFU - Everything In Its Right Place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mExWziqCwNg - Optimistic
ROLLING STONE review:
"In texture and structure, Kid A, Radiohead's fourth album, renounced everything in rock that, to Yorke in particular, reeked of the tired and overfamiliar: clanging arena-force guitars, verse-chorus-bridge song tricks.
With producer Nigel Godrich, Yorke, guitarist Ed O'Brien, drummer Phil Selway, bassist Colin Greenwood and guitarist Jonny Greenwood created an enigma of slippery electronics and elliptical angst, sung by Yorke in an often indecipherable croon. The closest thing to riffing on Kid A was the fuzz-bass lick in "The National Anthem"; the guitars in "Morning Bell" sounded more like seabirds.
The result was the weirdest hit album of that year, by a band poised to be the modern-rock Beatles, following the breakthrough of OK Computer. In fact, only 10 months into the century, Radiohead had made the decade's best album — by rebuilding rock itself, with a new set of basics and a bleak but potent humanity. Yorke's loathing of celebrity inspired the contrary beauty of "How to Disappear Completely," with its watery orchestration and his voice flickering in and out of earshot. His electronically squished pleading in "Kid A" sounded like a baby kicking inside a hard drive."
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:LOL....i just dont "get them", and i dislike "ok computer" more than this one if that is possible.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

