Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you start off a song?
#36
DiGiMusicLabelz Wrote:I used to be able to write a song off the top of my head without music.Now days I base my lyrics around a track I found. I miss the old days when I was able to create a melody in my head and tell a producer how I wanted to the track to sound. One day I will sit and try to do that ole school skill, it just takes so much more energy and effort:confused:


How do you attempt to start? Are you pulling ideas out of thin are or do you have a concept? I personally prefer to have an idea of where I want to take the song emotionally and then I write from there. I've noticed some friends do that as well. Or just try humming until a tune strikes you. Michael Jackson actually used the humming method.

Sincerely Pollyanna LINK REMOVED
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soul (song) sing-a-long 0 1,635 09-04-2023, 18:39
Last Post: sing-a-long
  How do you write songs? How do you start and don't give up too soon? Natalia Sanderson 6 5,907 05-04-2021, 20:48
Last Post: vincent
  Which song lyrics do you like the best? Ledzepp 35 29,134 27-09-2016, 19:51
Last Post: oldies65
  Khaled Ajashi new own Song! LittleDun 0 2,792 25-09-2016, 02:32
Last Post: LittleDun
  Instrumental. New Song. Curious 0 2,347 21-03-2016, 09:58
Last Post: Curious
  New song we finished a couple weeks ago... Thoughts? good or bad. aurora4dth 3 3,828 27-02-2016, 10:51
Last Post: Jerome
  2016 French song Ozamindia 0 1,790 14-01-2016, 12:46
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Please check out this video of a new song that i wrote newriot 1 2,804 14-01-2016, 12:44
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Original song :))) MAYAN 1 2,340 14-01-2016, 12:43
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Original song! KahanoBeats_Bros - Stormy Night KahanoBeats_Bros 0 1,999 27-08-2015, 18:39
Last Post: KahanoBeats_Bros

Forum Jump: