25-06-2013, 15:27
I can highly recommend Samplitude 11. I did not upgrade to Pro X (latest version) simply because I already own the Yellow Tools pack that comes with this new version. The thing that sets Samplitude apart from the rest is that it has object orientated programming. So instead of trying to load all the audio from a 50 track project it only loads the data that 'points' to these audio files. Makes it vey fast indeed. And the audio plugins are superb - way better than all those so called 'pro' plugins that cost the earth. You can do the same processing with the Samplitude plugins that you can do with Sonnox, Waves or Slate Digital. You just need to spend some time learning them properly. The one non-native plugin that I am curious about is Eiosis. Got a hunch that that is going to be unique - might be wrong though. Time will tell.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

