I agree with You all but sometimes I realize that there wasn't any music in a film I just saw. Must have been a good movie, eh? Independent films??
I think there were almost no music in Cast away, except for just one orchestration by Alan Silvestri, the theme... and that wasn't all that independent.
Maybe anyone can contribute with other examples of films without or almost without music?
When having a conversation on musical moments in movies, it must involve Lalo Schifrin for his jazzy and atmospheric, escalating car chase-score in Bullitt.
![[Image: VM._CR0,0,335,335_SS90_.jpg]](http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/2I/jM/wQ/jM/wY/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VM/yc/TO/zI/TN/3E/jM/B5/VM._CR0,0,335,335_SS90_.jpg)
McQueen
Mcdowel
In If from 1968 there's a scene when all the students are dashing out of school and in that very moment our ears are filled with a fantastic organ-tune by Dietrich Buxtehude. (1637-1707) A great moment and a tremendeous example of using music from another era in a film of our time.
S
I think there were almost no music in Cast away, except for just one orchestration by Alan Silvestri, the theme... and that wasn't all that independent.
Maybe anyone can contribute with other examples of films without or almost without music?
When having a conversation on musical moments in movies, it must involve Lalo Schifrin for his jazzy and atmospheric, escalating car chase-score in Bullitt.
![[Image: VM._CR0,0,335,335_SS90_.jpg]](http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/2I/jM/wQ/jM/wY/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VM/yc/TO/zI/TN/3E/jM/B5/VM._CR0,0,335,335_SS90_.jpg)
McQueen
Mcdowel
In If from 1968 there's a scene when all the students are dashing out of school and in that very moment our ears are filled with a fantastic organ-tune by Dietrich Buxtehude. (1637-1707) A great moment and a tremendeous example of using music from another era in a film of our time.
S

