Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How "profitable" is it to work as a musician?
#4
Thanks for those words, Bellini. Actually I really back you up. Nobody is a mercenary if they pick out to make money out of music. It's great for you to play whatever you can play, earn money out of that and then try to fulfil your soul, your ambition, etc by doing the music you love and getting hold of the tools for that. Then it's a matter of the uttermost importance to strike the balance (job-pleasure); and in my particular case I've struck out so far, since I've got a job other than a musician; but I've been dying to have a music job only, so I've been trying to get music jobs but they haven't been enough (or I haven't been brave enough) so I don't feel as though I can get rid of my job. So at times I end up studying (music, indeed) late at night, pretty early in the morning; and then I find myself frittering away lots of hours slaving away at a job that does not fulfil my lifetime ambition. But who doesn't need the money (which is not a lot anyway)? As you put it, this world is packed with s..t at times!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incredible work Jerome 1 1,174 03-10-2016, 23:05
Last Post: SteveO
  Got Wi-Fi dead zones? Those Sonos speakers not work some places? jazzboCR 0 1,360 26-02-2015, 00:55
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Incredible work Jerome 6 2,620 17-05-2014, 00:47
Last Post: SteveO
  Watch a master at work Jerome 2 1,468 15-05-2012, 23:44
Last Post: SteveO
  How Do Social Groups Work? ambernector 0 2,000 29-11-2009, 12:27
Last Post: ambernector

Forum Jump: