05-03-2008, 00:17
djdave Wrote:Funnily enough, Schifrin's music stops when the actual car chase begins proper. There's tension-building music as McQueen's Mustang begins to follow the villains' Dodge Charger.....but then when the driving really starts, the music stops. That was actually McQueen's idea and it's a testimony to the power of Schifrin's music that people remember music throughout ALL of the action between the two cars.
Yes, now I remember... Its been a while. It's true that when they're buckel up and really starts racing, the only music we hear is some kind of a "fugue" between Ford & Mopar. Just those 2 roaring V8
. Another funny thing is that McQueen seems never o get out of gears to shift... It sounds to be like 37 or something. Tough job, anyway... That may explain why american drivers in general prefer automatic transmissions. But, ok... It's not a question about music - maybe it's more about technicalitys due to bad skills in the sound-effect department... I know this gear shifting issue is up to discussion on several forums, so I rest my case for now.:lol:

