Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Other Interests
#43
Schopenhauer seems really interesting to me. I was reading about how his view on aesthetics was largely influential to a lot of great European writers. I'd like to read that book as well... I actually saw a fairly cheap copy of it on Amazon, translated, that I was thinking about buying a couple of weeks ago. I also want to get Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, and Philosophical Investigations. I watched a biopic about him a while back and he and his thinking seems really fascinating to me... It all coincides with modern philosophy's seeming focus on language, which I think is really interesting.

I have a young mind, at the very least, Tiggi. I wouldn't say great, or even remotely close to that.

I suppose it's moreso in the part of America that I live in, but it's largely xenophobic and jingoist in a scary sort of way. I live in the deep south, though. From what I've heard, it's different in other places, especially out west.

Philosophy isn't as bad as poetry is in translation, considering that it's generally very technical, with the exception of a few philosophers. Poetry is much harder though, it seems. As bad as my French is, I can tell at times when translations are very, very off in the interest of using contrived rhymes.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Other Interests - by Tiggi - 04-09-2008, 17:55

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apart From Music What Other Interests /Hobbies/ Things Do We All Do ? gryphon 30 12,133 15-10-2018, 05:14
Last Post: sjpolyguy
  Looking for musicians with alike interests Electric Velocity 2 1,518 14-05-2014, 13:27
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: