Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bands you don't understand?!
#27
Kochie Wrote:Ever had someone who has similar taste in music recommend a band/artist to you that you have never heard before and you go to listen to them expecting them to be crash hot (and are let down), and then you are left wondering what so special about them? Here is my top 10 list of such bands/artists.

1.) The Rolling Stones
2.) Bruce Springsteen
3.) Radiohead
4.) The Clash
5.) Foo Fighters
6.) Jimi hendrix
7.) Crowded House
8.) Fall out Boy
9.) Jet
10.) Deep Purple

Disclaimer: These are not my most disliked bands (But I do hate the Stones!), but bands who I do not get and think are somewhat over hyped.

Yeah, I would agree that a lot of those artists are overhyped, particularly the Rolling Stones. I also think that some of the above artists are quite original and deserve the hype. I think the most overhyped artists ever are Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, personally.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Bands you don't understand?! - by Kochie - 02-07-2008, 11:29

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All-Female tribute bands jazzboCR 11 5,008 21-08-2015, 00:30
Last Post: zcarenow
  Eurythmics - I Saved The World Today Looking for similar tracks / bands, robbi270 0 1,110 23-07-2014, 00:18
Last Post: robbi270
  Top 10 rock bands ever wardsmith 52 20,299 16-08-2013, 15:23
Last Post: SteveO
  Top 5 Rock Bands of All-Time Kurt Staley 30 15,234 25-03-2013, 03:29
Last Post: LMD
  Need help finding similar sounding Bands/Songs... Luca 5 2,609 02-12-2012, 15:51
Last Post: SteveO
  The KInks one of my favourite bands Mrrusty1 8 3,552 04-09-2012, 09:26
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  Favorite Girl Singers/Bands coykiesaol 37 12,744 10-08-2012, 09:18
Last Post: Jerome
  It seems odd to not see much on here about Jam bands... gater 5 2,202 20-08-2011, 19:04
Last Post: gater
  old bands new music? Rocker720 28 12,193 15-08-2011, 01:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Which genre do these bands go into? coykiesaol 8 3,324 18-07-2011, 17:36
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: