Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lip-syncing and other fakery
#7
Jerome Wrote:Interesting article - one wonders what sense of satisfaction these 'singers' actually get if they have to lip synch all their concerts. No wonder they avoid all discussions about their singing and only focus on their 'personality'. The industry is in a sad bloody state indeed. Remember all those pop/rock television shows where nobody seemed to have their instruments plugged in?

It gets worse. I have a hard disc recorder that enables you to do incredible things with your voice. I can turn my voice into a female voice, for example. I can add in vibrato where I sang none. I can take out-of-tune notes and put them in tune. I can take someone else's voice and digitally use it to strengthen my voice so I sound like I'm really belting it out sort of like caulking up holes--spots where my voice is weak, I can use a better singer's voice to strengthen but it will still sound like me. You cannot trust anything you hear these days.

Some people using the itunes system to rip CDs have even noticed that a different artist comes up when ripping another artist's CD. It turns out that itunes actually used the digital readout of the song and not just the song information to catalog ripped CDs. It betrayed that artists were stealing tracks from other artist's CDs to beef up their own. They didn't think that itunes software would rat them out.

As for those old pop/rock lip-synced programs, I think there was some British law that said if a band appears to be playing they must actually be playing. It turns out a lot of these bands couldn't play at all. For example, this lip-synced Edison Lighthouse clip is a perfect example. It's not Edison Lighthouse--at least it's not the lineup that recorded the song. The lead singer is definitely not Tony Burrows. It looks like they threw a bunch of pretty boys together and I don't even know if any of them are really musicians. Even if they are, they can't perform this song live convincingly because none of them are playing on original recording.

[video=youtube;tr6H1a7YUac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6H1a7YUac[/video]

Why should we believe that things have gotten better today when every available sign says otherwise?
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: