16-02-2014, 02:31
Probably little-known to y'all. The most important man in British Blues. From the '60's to date, JM has been the nexus of every important British, some American and even 2 celebrated jazz artists (Blue Mitchell and Freddy Jackson). Written, played, produced, nurtured--justifiably called the Godfather of British Blues.
I expect this nom to go nowhere but I just had to do it. My fave piece (from an even-more-atypical-than-most album The Blues Alone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GVQotwv9o << C'mon now, you were moving a body part. 'Fess up...
Thing of it is, he knows the limits of his playing talent and that of the monster talent he's employed, so always give killer players with something to say the time to say it...and gets great albums and smokin' tours out of it.
vote John Mayall
I expect this nom to go nowhere but I just had to do it. My fave piece (from an even-more-atypical-than-most album The Blues Alone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GVQotwv9o << C'mon now, you were moving a body part. 'Fess up...
Thing of it is, he knows the limits of his playing talent and that of the monster talent he's employed, so always give killer players with something to say the time to say it...and gets great albums and smokin' tours out of it.
vote John Mayall

