12-07-2009, 04:36
Ok,
So I almost immediately got a response from John Andrew Prime.
He said this:
"As far as I have ever heard from family and from the record that the singer himself left behind, it was two words, and that is how I have always presented it in stories. Folkways and the Lomaxes spelled it both ways and that may be where the confusion arises."
He also went on to tell me that he would help me get in contact with "the Singh sibblings" who are the grand children of Tiny Robinson, Lead Belly's niece. Apparently they now run the family estate. He said they could give me the "definitive family answer." So, who better to ask then these siblings? Once I get a more answers I will post them.
So I almost immediately got a response from John Andrew Prime.
He said this:
"As far as I have ever heard from family and from the record that the singer himself left behind, it was two words, and that is how I have always presented it in stories. Folkways and the Lomaxes spelled it both ways and that may be where the confusion arises."
He also went on to tell me that he would help me get in contact with "the Singh sibblings" who are the grand children of Tiny Robinson, Lead Belly's niece. Apparently they now run the family estate. He said they could give me the "definitive family answer." So, who better to ask then these siblings? Once I get a more answers I will post them.
"You can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." -Dr. Timothy Leary
http://iamthekman.blogspot.com/
http://iamthekman.blogspot.com/

