Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pitbull ft. Jennifer Lopez & Claudia Leitte - We Are One
#17
I'll jump in on this as I mirror Jazz man's music listening history,,,I turned to jazz in 1975,,,heard Charlie Parker's album Now's the Time and I was hooked on jazz primarily until the 90s ...turned to heavy metal, hard rock and avant garde music. I also delved into country with George Jones, Ronnie Milsap, Reba McIntyre, Mickey Gilley, Charlie Rich, Travis Tritt back in the 80s. Then I said the hell with it and went universal...listened to anything at all ...all genres right up to this day!
jazzboCR Wrote:You are most definitely NOT alone in this. It's a major reason most modern pop leaves me cold and why I leave it aone--I'm unwilling to wade through the rivers of swill to find good songs that don't brown my berries. This site is valuable in sorting out but with so much older stuff undiscovered, why not let time sort these out to be discovered tomorrow and tomorrow and...? Admittedly, this is a partial function of age but then mores have changed too and I'm unwilling to follow.
To answer a private question publicly, I got interested in jazz in the early 60's as a reaction to the pop swill then being purveyed--put that on hold the first time I heard a Beatles song and the Isley Brothers ...and came back to it in the mid-'90's in similar revulsion.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Pitbull X Lil Jon - Damn I Love Miami Music Head 0 456 01-02-2026, 13:14
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me...Now Music Head 0 787 01-03-2024, 12:58
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Pitbull - Greatest Hits Music Head 0 971 15-02-2021, 14:41
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Mariah Carey ft. Ariana Grande & Jennifer Hudson - Oh Santa! Music Head 0 890 19-12-2020, 12:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Jennifer Lopez ft. Cardi B & DJ Khaled - Dinero Music Head 0 957 12-06-2018, 10:53
Last Post: Music Head
  Pitbull - Climate Change Music Head 1 1,096 09-04-2017, 02:36
Last Post: SteveO
  Pitbull ft. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight Music Head 0 1,026 07-11-2016, 11:24
Last Post: Music Head
  Jennifer Lopez & Lin-Manuel Miranda - Love Make The World Go Round Music Head 1 1,320 21-07-2016, 06:16
Last Post: Whisper
  Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama Music Head 1 1,300 08-05-2016, 16:54
Last Post: saintking
  Pitbull ft. Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around Music Head 0 1,069 20-04-2016, 10:39
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: