Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Prog Metal fan who recently discovered Ambient Pop!
#66
Jerome Wrote:Just an idea - but a short story for radio combined with the right kind of background music could be an idea. So many people 'watch' music these days. It limits their imagination. People prefer not to think - they want to be force fed everything. Many radio programs use music to accompany a story, but it's normally existing music as opposed to music specifically created for a particular story. And there's one place people can't watch music (or shouldn't be doing so anyway) - in their cars. I still think radio is an extremely powerful medium. I don't know if you have ever tried audio books. I listen to them quite a lot. They force you to imagine the scene instead of having it presented to you - as in a movie or TV programme. That's one idea anyway - I will come up with more. The trick is to start with a small project and see how it pans out.

BTW - I had to look up loquacious as well! You learn something every day.

You guys have no idea how happy you make me when you tell me you look stuff up! I'm grinning ear to ear!

As far as your idea goes, Jerome, I love it! What a fantastic idea! Radio shows used to have music to accompany the story, why not a short story in audio form! I have to admit that I have not been a huge fan of audio books (*cough*controlfreak*cough*), but I'm trying to give them a chance. I eased into the audio scene with the Harry Potter books because I loved the man who read them (his name escapes me right now). I'm working up to others. *laughs*

Cheers!
Mary
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melodic Hard Rock/Metal/AOR Jussi Kontinen 0 1,430 14-10-2023, 17:14
Last Post: Jussi Kontinen
  new member looking for in-depth discussions on metal and/or rap. QMobs 9 7,094 26-05-2018, 03:27
Last Post: QMobs
Big Grin New dude, rocking out metal style! Mathias78 2 1,930 13-05-2018, 15:12
Last Post: Mathias78
  I have been listening to Cul De Sac recently.... abcdmedia 0 1,202 07-09-2015, 02:35
Last Post: abcdmedia
  Greetings - Metal and PokeFan arrived. Playful_Weasel 3 2,405 16-09-2014, 17:57
Last Post: SteveO
  Hello from Metal freak sirat199 2 1,348 12-12-2013, 20:05
Last Post: sirat199
  How Heavy Metal has helped you in your life. W.A.S.P Animal 2 1,645 25-08-2013, 19:19
Last Post: W.A.S.P Animal
  I'm goober58 and happy to have discovered the music discussion forum! goober58 4 2,137 31-08-2011, 21:14
Last Post: TraceNspace
  I'm Sapre4: i listen to metal sapre4 4 3,920 27-01-2011, 07:45
Last Post: Jerome
  Metal mustakrakish 2 2,003 01-07-2008, 21:16
Last Post: ambernector

Forum Jump: