29-07-2009, 04:09
I think that its not to try to do never-before heard music, or to try a new mix of styles, because almost everything have been done.
I think it's more the originality of the personnality of those who compose the music and how well they express it. Someone could do an existing style, but with so mush ideas and creativity that you simply enjoy it! A good example I can bring here is Dead Can Dance: they do a kind of world music, but in some unique way that you recognize them.
It's funny because the other day my friend and I were discussing something:
If a really rich man announced that he will give 1 billion dollars to the person who will come with a new, never before heard sound in music, WHAT THE HELL would be the sound of the winning song???!!!! I wish something like this could happen!
I think it's more the originality of the personnality of those who compose the music and how well they express it. Someone could do an existing style, but with so mush ideas and creativity that you simply enjoy it! A good example I can bring here is Dead Can Dance: they do a kind of world music, but in some unique way that you recognize them.
It's funny because the other day my friend and I were discussing something:
If a really rich man announced that he will give 1 billion dollars to the person who will come with a new, never before heard sound in music, WHAT THE HELL would be the sound of the winning song???!!!! I wish something like this could happen!

