23-08-2014, 12:06
Ayn Rand - Anthem - 1937
![[Image: Anthem-by-Ayn-Rand.jpg]](http://fitchfalconpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Anthem-by-Ayn-Rand.jpg)
Well that was a breeze. Could be the shortest book I ever read at 80 pages. Big Brother is at it again. Everyone has a number and no name. The word I has been banned. Our place in society is determined by the feds. Two rebels defy the man and seek to learn. That's forbidden too. One discovers electricity along the way. I don't know, I guess we were wiped out or something. This may have been good in 1937, not so much now for me. This is Ayn's second book and like her first, We The Living, it was not well accepted. Not until the success of The Fountainhead in 1943 did her previous work become well known. Of course Atlas Shrugged remains her best know, and that was her last work of fiction.
Grade - D
next up - The New Mind Of The South by Tracy Thompson
![[Image: Anthem-by-Ayn-Rand.jpg]](http://fitchfalconpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Anthem-by-Ayn-Rand.jpg)
Well that was a breeze. Could be the shortest book I ever read at 80 pages. Big Brother is at it again. Everyone has a number and no name. The word I has been banned. Our place in society is determined by the feds. Two rebels defy the man and seek to learn. That's forbidden too. One discovers electricity along the way. I don't know, I guess we were wiped out or something. This may have been good in 1937, not so much now for me. This is Ayn's second book and like her first, We The Living, it was not well accepted. Not until the success of The Fountainhead in 1943 did her previous work become well known. Of course Atlas Shrugged remains her best know, and that was her last work of fiction.
Grade - D
next up - The New Mind Of The South by Tracy Thompson

