Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Progressive" Music
#7
Okay, this is what I see happening. It is already happening some, but I see it continuing and growing. For a while now in the past tens years we've seen music styles splinter more and more. Subgenres of sub-genres. It's gotten unbearable. (No, no these two artists aren't the same. X uses feedback while Y is clean. Their melodies are the same but the sounds are totally different.)

Now there are many artists that combine styles. They take what they like from rock, disco, soul and rap and mash it into something new. I see this in pop music by Gnarls Barkley and Timbaland's productions. I see it in the underground (or not so underground) in New York by artists like LCD Soundsystem. A movement that brings people together.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
"Progressive" Music - by coordinatednoise - 14-01-2008, 03:43
"Progressive" Music - by Binklebaum - 15-03-2008, 07:14
"Progressive" Music - by sahrs - 18-03-2008, 18:25
"Progressive" Music - by JonG - 23-03-2008, 20:37
"Progressive" Music - by ambernector - 24-03-2008, 21:10
"Progressive" Music - by coordinatednoise - 25-03-2008, 03:20
"Progressive" Music - by JonG - 01-04-2008, 01:46
"Progressive" Music - by jazzboCR - 26-02-2014, 05:20
RE: "Progressive" Music - by JeromeD - 06-11-2021, 06:30

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,661 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,418 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,962 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,815 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,797 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,206 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,703 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Is copying music illegal??????????????? sona sharma 5 3,203 24-09-2020, 17:38
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: