18-10-2014, 04:35
You know what? I get the rage and frustration of the present tsunami of crap and the egregious, and as somebody working their music, you are doubtless frustrated beyond belief. But I say with a straight face, we live in one of the better places in modern history because of all the outlets available. Tremendous more work maybe to find quality but it is out there. I like to think I've brought some of the fruits of some great current artists' labor to this place but it's really not that hard. Times have changed, tastes have (somewhat) changed, modalities have changed, we've defined deviancy down. What hasn't changed are some folks screaming need to make their essential statements, no matter the challenge, no matter the medium, no matter the genre, no matter the era. Do we have 20-30 great soul artists competing for attention? No--we have maybe 10. SO FIND THE 10 AND SUPPORT THEM and give up the whimpering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0z-mCr1NNo << some folks on previous eras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmZ0-7kwbiU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0z-mCr1NNo << some folks on previous eras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmZ0-7kwbiU
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

