14-11-2014, 20:14
This is too difficult for me because I don't feel that Rock music matured properly... as it was toyed with by the industry and as a result, some of the most amazing "Rock Opera's" and killer Rock songs were never recorded for our ears to hear. I pick the 70's because I have admiration for the European underground "Progressive Rock" movement. The choice of a decade presents confusion when considering what was going on in the 60's, 70's, and 80's, between the record companies and the artists. Some internationally known artists in the 70's decided to try a new style of writing and it was disappointing to many people/fans and written down in Rock history as being a bad album. It lacks glory because the record company could have been forcing the artist to "tow the line" which is a contrived business concept created for the sole purpose of marketing. That is why the "changing of the times" or "Give the people what they want" as phrases have holes in their theories. There are a great many other realities to the music business and there's so much information through the publications industry that is misleading.

