Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best Artist Name for Me? (Identity Crisis!)
#6
I been doing some thinking on this (And SteveO knows how dangerous that can be)...But here's what I see are some defining issues: You want a name that expresses you--however you will change--AND is memorable/easily remembered AND doesn't interfere with someone else's name. Take the elements you have at hand and shape them, see what happens. My mashup? Last name first, first name last or possibly middle name last. Thus: Woods Thomas or Woods Clayton. Another: For a truly genre-free and gender free name, it's hard to beat initials--CW McCall, kd lang or B.W. Stevenson--so use any combination?
I may be wack but I'm not frivolous.
BTW, if you are tempted to use first initial, middle, last--DON"T. That vein got played out by T. Boone Pickens and T. Coraghessin Boyle.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hip hop artist! getting pretty big now! Stylez 2 2,094 26-11-2015, 10:56
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New Artist listen to my snippet.. leave criticism SWXXSH 1 1,304 19-12-2012, 21:51
Last Post: Isaac Hamlin
  New Artist Kyleschifflimusic 4 2,627 23-01-2012, 12:15
Last Post: MarkHenry
  New Artist sean45424s 0 1,329 05-07-2011, 19:13
Last Post: sean45424s

Forum Jump: