03-03-2015, 08:07
One tough-to-describe outfit because they did so many things so well. From '88-'07, if they put something out, the enlightened listener wanted to hear it. No joke. Known especially for some socio-political material BUT ALSO for having terrific women singers, frequently as co-lead in men/women dialogues. The players involved all went on to good things, post-breakup. And you know what? My quirky nature on full display but I like the way their album covers meshed well if ironically with the album titles *. Ladies and Gentlemen: The Beautiful South A more seasoned view: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-beaut.../biography Their Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beautiful_South Alternate discog: http://user.xmission.com/~dking/bsdiscog.htm << That Wiki discog is quite complete; this is for the fanatic.
Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttuA1UEUAI0 << Quirky vid but Jesu! What a song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8ll5yHxWs << Dead-common situation, uncommonly well-versed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XyzLp06Etc << remind you a bit of 10CC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC-6giBM_fM << Of course, lest it be used against me....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u5Fu_Aw9hw << They pretty much define late Century or early next century smart pop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_cPa_79Ig8 << one of those social commentary things, dressed up...so to speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrXmE19hFk << you tell me what this song is about--I han't a clue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAU-8TaAAA Lush and lovely. The same in French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosTQGy6v20 << Both for that Exceptional Chicago Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9LYrCR_4I << They age less than any other part...and your eyes are the mirror of your soul, aren't they?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUa1Ia6vvhI << been this guy, in this situation, OH YES.
SPECIAL: On Jools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qg78HhUqPc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzLLfyK3vw
* Those covers? ââ¬â¹http://music.famousfix.com/tpx_89307/the...bum-covers And 1 from the Housemartins: ââ¬â¹https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGpQUitqXE << 1st heard on an acapella comp CD a few years agio, I admit I melted.
Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttuA1UEUAI0 << Quirky vid but Jesu! What a song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8ll5yHxWs << Dead-common situation, uncommonly well-versed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XyzLp06Etc << remind you a bit of 10CC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC-6giBM_fM << Of course, lest it be used against me....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u5Fu_Aw9hw << They pretty much define late Century or early next century smart pop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_cPa_79Ig8 << one of those social commentary things, dressed up...so to speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrXmE19hFk << you tell me what this song is about--I han't a clue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAU-8TaAAA Lush and lovely. The same in French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosTQGy6v20 << Both for that Exceptional Chicago Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9LYrCR_4I << They age less than any other part...and your eyes are the mirror of your soul, aren't they?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUa1Ia6vvhI << been this guy, in this situation, OH YES.
SPECIAL: On Jools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qg78HhUqPc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzLLfyK3vw
* Those covers? ââ¬â¹http://music.famousfix.com/tpx_89307/the...bum-covers And 1 from the Housemartins: ââ¬â¹https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGpQUitqXE << 1st heard on an acapella comp CD a few years agio, I admit I melted.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

