The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Next step in creating own matterial?
#1
Hy guys, I am passionate about music and absolute love the levels of creativity on my guitar, I have a problem where and am not able to progress any further.

I am not musical, of no musical background and no music theory or lessons etc. I play guitar and drums.

Though I am not musically talented like many others, I feel music in ways im sure many dont (atleast thats what I think). Music is my world, and puts me in places that nothing else or no one else can (lol.)

I am very creative on guitar, from picking to muting and very percussive play. I mostly jam and just go with the flow, come up with different sounds, different patterns and different tempos etc on the spot. My problem is I cannot structure the music, and I am ready to take my music to the next level with creating my own material and song writing!

I can pick on a chord, but when it comes to shredding or sliding with picking and soloing etc, I get quite lost and am not sure what note to hit next and where to slide (thus again probobally the theory part)

Im more into singer-songwriter stuff,

John Mayer
Ben Howard
Ed Sheeran

but hell I love different sorts from all different genres.

Any suggestions/tips appreciated!

Cheers
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Next step in creating own matterial? - by deanfourie - 07-03-2015, 06:45

Forum Jump: