01-11-2015, 21:36
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Russ Ballard wrote two tracks on Peter Criss' third solo album "let me rock you" from 1982/83-ish....
I listened to Argent's "God gave rock and roll to you"....
I still prefer the 1989 version from KISS with Gene and Paul trading off lines,
KISS' version, incidently, became their biggest worldwide hit reaching top10 in at least a dozen countries...
I had no idea Ballard wrote "new York groove", but ive heard the original....
Ace Frehley took it to another level totally on his 1978 solo album "kiss" IMO...
I stand corrected on the Criss albums CH. Sorry - I had no idea he'd made a good few!
As an Argent fan, of course I'm sticking with them, but as usual, it's all subjective.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

