Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Movie recommendations please !
For something different try a documentary called 'Into the Mind' - fantastic.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
Big Ears Wrote:^ I remember the story when it was in the news. It was unusual, which meant it attracted attention.

I saw it on the news too. I felt sorry for her until she killed that last man who said Mame you don't have to do this. What a way to die!! He had a wonderful family and wanted only to help Aileen. I saw the behind the scenes story of Monster. Charlize was really upset about that part of the film and had to be comforted by one of the staff. She was in tears and felt the pain of what really happened. It was weird!!
Reply
Jerome Wrote:For something different try a documentary called 'Into the Mind' - fantastic.

Sounds interesting!!
Reply
rebelgirl Wrote:I saw it on the news too. I felt sorry for her until she killed that last man who said Mame you don't have to do this. What a way to die!! He had a wonderful family and wanted only to help Aileen. I saw the behind the scenes story of Monster. Charlize was really upset about that part of the film and had to be comforted by one of the staff. She was in tears and felt the pain of what really happened. It was weird!!

Historically, women psychopaths are rare (compared with men), but can be extreme. In the UK, we have had three in my lifetime: Myra Hindley, Rosemary West and Joanna Dennehy. All were particularly nasty.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” William Shakespeare, As You Like It
Reply
You can add Katherine Birnie to that list also....
Her and her husband David were our version of Hindley/West's
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
Big Ears Wrote:Historically, women psychopaths are rare (compared with men), but can be extreme. In the UK, we have had three in my lifetime: Myra Hindley, Rosemary West and Joanna Dennehy. All were particularly nasty.

I can think of a couple of women here in the United States who were psychos. One is Lizzie Borden. The movie Lizzie Borden Took An Axe is coming back on Thanksgiving on LMN. Good movie starring Christina Ricci! Another was Bonnie Parker. I'm sure there are more but my mind has gone blank Confusedmile: I'll check and see if I can find others.
Reply
Here are some more. Aileen hit the top of the list. http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_mu...index.html
Reply
rebelgirl Wrote:I can think of a couple of women here in the United States who were psychos. One is Lizzie Borden.

You are grievous mistaken. Lizzie Borden was acquitted after only 1 hour of jury deliberation,. One of America's 1st media circuses, helped not at all by that ditty--""Lizzie Borden gave her mother 40 whacks and when she saw what she had done, gave her father 41". http://www.yankeefoliage.com/mysteries/l...urders/all And the Salem Witch Trials were all about males seeking to keep their authority or failing to come to grips with PMS. Ma Barker may well have been a psychopath. Here's a real one from modern times: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_kill...al_killers
It's always helpful to get your facts in order before discussing something or making wild assertions.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
jazz
hard to think you don't go looking for someone to correct
it gives you great pleasure I assume

Reply
I first thought of Bonnie Parker, but I read an article which said she did not fire a gun. She did not smoke either, but there is a famous photo of her with a machine gun and cigar, which erroneously inspired her portrayal in the film. Parker was present at a number of murders, but her involvement is unclear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-s...en-2239712

Lizzie Borden was acquited, but the story is famous because it is both complex and strange. As with Bonnie Parker, Borden condemned herself with her (in this case, erratic) behaviour, but her presence in the house is unclear.

One thing is certain; both women had an unfortunate upbringing.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” William Shakespeare, As You Like It
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Will there a Barbershop 4 movie? sing-a-long 2 3,571 22-10-2023, 10:12
Last Post: JeromeD
Big Grin New movie- russian/armenian/asian female model film sing-a-long 0 975 14-10-2023, 04:20
Last Post: sing-a-long
Big Grin What movie do you enjoy? sing-a-long 0 944 10-04-2023, 16:54
Last Post: sing-a-long
  YESTERDAY - new movie release SteveO 1 1,688 03-07-2019, 19:07
Last Post: SteveO
  The New Elton John Movie ....OK but.... gryphon 5 2,837 31-05-2019, 20:32
Last Post: SteveO
  worst casting in a movie oldies65 7 3,886 18-10-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Barbra Streisand - Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Music Head 1 2,112 09-09-2016, 13:41
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Great Songs From a Movie lady layne 1 3,048 03-12-2015, 05:47
Last Post: Clive Harrison
  movie logos jazzboCR 0 2,079 17-07-2014, 00:47
Last Post: jazzboCR
  2014 promises to be a movie goers paradise Amurcomusic 0 1,734 03-07-2014, 08:07
Last Post: Amurcomusic

Forum Jump: