04-02-2011, 11:43
from my library (vinyl)
![[Image: e34248lrbmv.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre300/e342/e34248lrbmv.jpg)
Second greatest hits album and the guy had barely got started. His best was yet to come later in the decade. Yet there is not a bad song on here, and most I love. Stevie could combine all the elements that made pop music what it was in the 70's, consistenly topping both r&b and pop charts. He lists Ray Charles as his primary influence, but it would be hard to say just who influenced who. Very hard to pick a best or worst. Gues I'll go with the Beatles cover as the worst, but even that is taken to a different zone with the added funk. Sort of makes it his own. In some cases worst doesn't necessarily mean bad. This compilation reached #10 on the r&b charts and #69 on the pop.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - We Can Work It Out
Best Track - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
What happened to the world we knew
When we would dream and scheme
And while the time away
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
Where did it go that yester glow
When we could feel
The wheel of life turn our way
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
I had a dream so did you life
Was warm and love was true
Two kids who followed all the rules
Yester folls and now
Now it seems those yester dreams
Were just a cruel
And foolish game we used to play
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
When I recall what we had
I feel lost I feel sad with nothing but
The memory of yester love and now
Now it seems those yester dreams
Were just a cruel
And foolish game we had to play
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
Sing with me
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
One more time.....
1) Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO6rmXtV81g
2) Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - ***
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkQKk2ukiyw
3) If You Really Love Me - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Z7qpghUA4
4) For Once In My Life - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vxVyaYuGYE
5) We Can Work It Out - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB24z00ajU4
6) You Met Your Match - **
7) Never Had A Dream Come True - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcTw8tYFao
8) Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday - ***
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWD9mfLW9xY
9) My Cherie Amour - ***
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW0YcO5P3OM
10) Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5WQFSnT6w
11) Travelin' Man - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEaLDHOKn4
12) Heaven Help Us All - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gOLnLz9KjY
3's - 7
2's - 5
1's - 0
Grade - 2.6
![[Image: e34248lrbmv.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre300/e342/e34248lrbmv.jpg)
Second greatest hits album and the guy had barely got started. His best was yet to come later in the decade. Yet there is not a bad song on here, and most I love. Stevie could combine all the elements that made pop music what it was in the 70's, consistenly topping both r&b and pop charts. He lists Ray Charles as his primary influence, but it would be hard to say just who influenced who. Very hard to pick a best or worst. Gues I'll go with the Beatles cover as the worst, but even that is taken to a different zone with the added funk. Sort of makes it his own. In some cases worst doesn't necessarily mean bad. This compilation reached #10 on the r&b charts and #69 on the pop.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - We Can Work It Out
Best Track - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
What happened to the world we knew
When we would dream and scheme
And while the time away
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
Where did it go that yester glow
When we could feel
The wheel of life turn our way
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
I had a dream so did you life
Was warm and love was true
Two kids who followed all the rules
Yester folls and now
Now it seems those yester dreams
Were just a cruel
And foolish game we used to play
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
When I recall what we had
I feel lost I feel sad with nothing but
The memory of yester love and now
Now it seems those yester dreams
Were just a cruel
And foolish game we had to play
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
Sing with me
Yesterme yesteryou yesterday
One more time.....
1) Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO6rmXtV81g
2) Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - ***
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkQKk2ukiyw
3) If You Really Love Me - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Z7qpghUA4
4) For Once In My Life - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vxVyaYuGYE
5) We Can Work It Out - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB24z00ajU4
6) You Met Your Match - **
7) Never Had A Dream Come True - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcTw8tYFao
8) Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday - ***
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWD9mfLW9xY
9) My Cherie Amour - ***
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW0YcO5P3OM
10) Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer - ***
live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5WQFSnT6w
11) Travelin' Man - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEaLDHOKn4
12) Heaven Help Us All - **
audio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gOLnLz9KjY
3's - 7
2's - 5
1's - 0
Grade - 2.6


![[Image: 41FMGB1J6GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FMGB1J6GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
![[Image: 51LEN75Q%2BPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LEN75Q%2BPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
![[Image: 61UUJMiu%2BzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UUJMiu%2BzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
![[Image: 5112bZSKJhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5112bZSKJhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
![[Image: 51v%2BX3beuIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51v%2BX3beuIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)