Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Which you consider the best album of The Pink Floyd?
#11
^ Anathema are doing great things creatively...but I don't think anyone can surpass this clip!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#12
For me, it´s 'The Dark Side Of The Moon'.
Reply
#13
Meddle was my first Floyd album, and it's still my favorite
Reply
#14
Didn't realise this poll existed.

Despite having heard it a million times, I think Dark Side is still my favourite. This was the one where it all came together.

After that, my second choice would be The Division Bell.

I do like Wish you Were Here, but it seems a little less "edgy" for want of a better word than Dark Side.
Reply
#15
I always go back to Animals however the legacy of Pink Floyd's music is outstanding! In reality nearly impossible to name their best! Although I can remember the great stir Dark Side of the Moon (my first CD) and The Wall created in the music world upon their releases!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#16
Can anyone state a more prescient PF collection than "Momentary Lapse of Reason"?????? The Social-Political statement "Dogs of War", "The turning away"...and the human experience of "Momentary.." and " Learning to Fly". I think it is underated.
Reply
#17
A good album but far from their best work. Wish You Were Here is THE masterpiece, followed by DSOTM. The Division Bell is pretty good as well. Animals was the perfect response to the stupidity of the Punk era. Cannot stand The Endless River. Just a rehash of old ideas.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#18
That's the thing: PF always found a way to transcend the times. The art is bigger than the chord changes,ya know?
Reply
#19
*deep breath* I really like Atom Heart Mother a whole bunch. Its hard for me to pick a favorite, but there you go.

Meddle and Wish You Were Here are the next on my list. It's really close between Meddle and Atom Heart Mother, but I don't really care at all for some of the more singles oriented songs in Meddle.
Reply
#20
My first Floyd album was Meddle. 'Echoes' is excellent and I also really like 'A Pillow of Winds' - one of their best quiet pieces. Just cannot get into AHM. Like some of Wright's work on this but that's about it. Try his 'Broken China' album. I think it is the best of the solo Floyd stuff. 'Obscured by Clouds' is a Floyd album that seldom gets mentioned but I like quite a lot of it. Again, mainly Wright's work on it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Roger Taylor - "violence insane in a beautiful world" CRAZY-HORSE 1 201 19-09-2026, 00:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Keb' Mo' - "the breakdown" CRAZY-HORSE 0 209 29-08-2026, 01:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Role Model - Chuck Timely & The Hourglass Music Head 0 208 22-08-2026, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jack White - "frozen charlotte" CRAZY-HORSE 1 448 25-07-2026, 11:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Rolling Stones - "foreign tongues" CRAZY-HORSE 5 873 23-07-2026, 12:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Pretty Reckless - Dear God Music Head 0 246 14-07-2026, 12:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Red Clay Strays - Grateful Music Head 2 538 13-07-2026, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Green Desert Trees - "fighting dragons" CRAZY-HORSE 0 367 09-07-2026, 04:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angine De Poitrine - "volume 2" CRAZY-HORSE 0 402 20-06-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Shinedown - EI8HT Music Head 1 615 12-06-2026, 11:53
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: