Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
COLDPLAY "midnight"
#11
I'm not getting all the hate for radiohead. In my opinion those guys are brilliant. I loved Ok Computer.

But onto coldplay, like most people I was fan of their trilogy. Parachutes, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and X and Y. They lost me on their last 2 albums. Viva la Vida had 1 song I liked, same for Mylo, but I couldn't care less about the other tracks. I know the band wanted to change their sound, but it was for the worst in my opinion. Yeah they wrote dark, emotional alternative brit rock, but they were adept at it. The biggest letdown is they went from being a rock band to a pop band. This is the biggest problem I have with their recent albums. Where's the good rock? Instead I get a crappy pop-rock, pop substitute. I'm not hating on pop, I like pop, it's just the band doesn't do it well and it feels like the band turned their back on their roots. This is why I can understand people calling them sellouts, even if it was the bands desire to change their sound.

Their recent single is surprising, it's definitely not a commercial or a typical mainstream song. This actually has me interested in checking out their upcoming album now.
Reply
#12
Coldplay are catering to the dance clubs like Arcade Fire did with the Reflektor song (not the album).
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:
[video=youtube;BQeMxWjpr-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQeMxWjpr-Y[/video]

COLDPLAY "midnight"

new Coldplay single,debuted at #25 on the australian singles chart this week.
its the second single to be taken from their forthcoming album "ghost stories".
IMO its even worse that that stupid "magic" single.
over the last couple of albums these guys have started to lose me and with
the two tracks i have already heard from the new one i can confidently say
that they have now lost me.
theres none of their trademark sounds on either single thus-so-far.
its just bland going nowhere material that i cannot justify purchasing which
is a shame really because i used to think these guys had something special!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#13
@ Crazy Horse "Van Morrison's "astral weeks" " I've never heard this album but one of my last fm friend's has
this album up as the best album ever made! lol See his profile for a passionate review - http://www.last.fm/user/RussellChap

@Complexterms "
This is the biggest problem I have with their recent albums. Where's the good rock? Instead I get a crappy pop-rock,
pop substitute.
I like pop, it's just the band doesn't do it well and it feels like the band turned their back on their roots."

Absolutely agree with you about Coldplay on that opinion! If they were cooler and had any good sense (artistically) they would
have stuck to their alternative Brit rock roots. However, their not exactly sellouts because I don't think that they ever
really had a clear intention of being a decent rock band in the first place. They were just feeling around for a fitting sound.
Which they could readily shed their skin off from their roots and be something else entirely at any point and time later on.
Whatever seems to get them noticed more for the big fame payoff. Totally lame band.

I never heard Parachutes but I remember really liking a rush of blood to the head. Shame.
Reply
#14
music is a personal thing...what some like/love..others dont...i love Van's "moondance",brilliant piece of work IMO

classic example:
the first three Coldplay albums were brilliant IMO,again...horses for courses i guess because Jerome has mentioned previously,he cant stand them.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#15
I like live albums and I can honestly say Coldplay released one of the most lifeless and boring live albums I have ever heard! as for Astral Weeks, I could never understand why that album was rated so high ? I also prefer Moondance as well as Tupelo Honey. Hail he has a good discography....usually very good classy albums as a whole! His live album It's Too Late To Stop Now is brilliant!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#16
re-enters the Billboard chart this week at #29

It still sucked after another listen
and their videos never make a damn bit of sense to me

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: NEKO CASE ~ Neon Grey Midnight Green Ruby 1 737 28-09-2025, 03:24
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Coldplay - Sparks Music Head 0 1,258 29-06-2025, 11:15
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - "moon music" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,381 16-10-2024, 12:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Coldplay - "all my love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 856 04-10-2024, 11:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Coldplay - feelslikeimfallinginlove Music Head 3 1,560 09-07-2024, 22:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres Music Head 1 1,221 30-10-2021, 04:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Coldplay - Higher Power Music Head 1 1,145 22-05-2021, 11:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay "everyday life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,897 06-12-2019, 14:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Coldplay "orphans" CRAZY-HORSE 3 2,262 30-10-2019, 09:58
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  NEW ALBUM: Set It Off - Midnight Music Head 2 1,292 14-02-2019, 18:36
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: