Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The best debut albums
#11
I am familiar with The Gathering's Mandylion album ! Goth, metal, progressive , hard to pin it to a specific genre!

I will have to check out Perfect Circle !!!! (heard of them a lot but with so much dam music available they slipped through the cracks...lol).
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#12
The Gathering probably evolved more than any other metal band ever. They were a pretty straight forward death metal band before Anneke joined, and they totally changed. Then after Nighttime Birds (good, a lot like Mandylion, not as good in my opinion though) they really took an atmospheric turn. How To Measure a Planet? and If_then_else are fantastic, and then after that, I don't even know what you'd call their Souvenirs album. It's just simply different. A lot of thick-skulled metal heads were furious with their transformations, ESPECIALLY after Souvenirs. After Anneke left, they've made some good music from what I've heard with Silje, but I think I'm just majorly biased for Anneke.


A Perfect Circle has evolved a lot too, even though they've only released 3 studio albums with original content. After the heavy, flowing Mer De Noms they released Thirteenth Step, which really allows Billy's songwriting to shine through. eMOTIVE has a lot of covers on it, but it's not what you think. Most of the time I don't really like the idea of covers because most artists just can't step outside the creative threshold of the original artist, but they really totally transformed some songs that I would never want anyone to try and touch, and I ended up loving it. When the Levee Breaks, Imagine, Peace Love and Understanding... Some sensitive subjects, but APC did great I think.
Reply
#13
Meet The Beatles - come on, it's the Beatles!
Jimi Hendrix - The Jimi Hendrix Experience - come on, it's Jimi Hendrix
Laurie Anderson -Big Science
Steve Morse - The Introduction
Moody Blues -whichever one was first
One Dove - their only full album Morning Dove White or whatever
Leo Kottke
Joni Mitchell
Zepplin

jeepers, this list is too long to even think about !!!
Reply
#14
ZeusMoose Wrote:Moody Blues -whichever one was first

That's a well thought out nomination if I ever saw one xD
Reply
#15
Jimmi Hendrix experience are you experienced
Black Sabbath Black Sabbath
The Clash The Clash
Yes Yes
Led Zeppelin 1
Emerson Lake and Palmer ELP
T Rex electric warrior (that's t rex not tyranasaurus rex)
Supergrass I should cco
Crosby stills and nash ..Crosby stills ad nash
Santana Santana
Blind Faith
Derek and the dominoes Layla and other love songs
John Kongos John Kongos
Iron Maiden Iron Maiden
the Damned Damned Damned Damned
ZZ TOP tres hombres
Uriah heep very eavy very umble
deep purpe shades of deep purple
Traffic Traffic



the list is endless lol
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#16
Asia-Asia..................their one and only decent album
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#17
GTR-GTR - THEIR one and only decent album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#18
ASIA have a new one out J man!

Released March 2014! Haven't listened to it yet...too much music!

[Image: 220px-Asia_Gravitas.jpg]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#19
I have not listened to Asia in ages SteveO, but their debut was brilliant. I have to say that all of their subsequent work just did not measure up. They are trading on their name and have been for years. A licence to print concert tickets.......
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#20
Mrrusty1 Wrote:Jimmi Hendrix experience are you experienced
Black Sabbath Black Sabbath
The Clash The Clash
Yes Yes
Led Zeppelin 1
Emerson Lake and Palmer ELP
T Rex electric warrior (that's t rex not tyranasaurus rex)
Supergrass I should cco
Crosby stills and nash ..Crosby stills ad nash
Santana Santana
Blind Faith
Derek and the dominoes Layla and other love songs
John Kongos John Kongos
Iron Maiden Iron Maiden
the Damned Damned Damned Damned
ZZ TOP tres hombres
Uriah heep very eavy very umble
deep purpe shades of deep purple
Traffic Traffic



the list is endless lol

OTOH, the opposite sort of list is very small. Those who had the worst debuts were
mostly never heard from again , and with good reason ! heh heh heh
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUMS: Dion "blues with friends" CRAZY-HORSE 0 923 17-06-2020, 03:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Best produced albums kvincent5555 24 13,547 12-11-2018, 04:36
Last Post: Jerome
  My prog-band KHADAVRA has released its debut album! Thoughts? Khadavra 0 1,048 28-10-2014, 18:07
Last Post: Khadavra
  rock christmas albums Mrrusty1 7 3,050 28-12-2013, 17:40
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  album covers .. two of my favourite albums in one picture lol Mrrusty1 1 1,302 07-08-2013, 18:56
Last Post: Jerome
  Arthur channel signs to the end records for debut album endless 1 1,285 10-06-2013, 22:13
Last Post: SteveO
  Christmas albums Mrrusty1 0 1,285 02-12-2012, 19:40
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  Underrated and overrated songs/albums by famous or favorite artist kvincent5555 7 4,145 04-02-2011, 07:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best ELVIS albums CRAZY-HORSE 4 2,461 02-09-2010, 22:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: