Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are some good unheard of rock bands?
#11
Erixouther Wrote:I've never heard of any of them.
makes two of us.
damn my circle.

Reply
#12
Sigur Rós is huge en Europe. Never heard of the other ones though.
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page
Reply
#13
Iota Wrote:How come I saw dredg on MTV the other day? Unless MTV has gone totally underground lately , and I don't think they have (please correct me if I'm wrong), I think this proves my point. And just because your head-up-the-ass circle hasn't heard of these bands yet doesn't mean these bands are generally unknown.


Your a pretty angry guy? I don't remember being hostile with you? My friends do not have their heads up their asses. Sorry I offended you but theres no need to be rude were all logical adults here.

I am happy Dredg is on MTV they belong mainstream bc they are a modern day Floyd. I love their music!

Hopefully sigur ros and The Mind Museum are not far behind them!

To me underground means not on Top 40 radio stations and MTV or on a major label. Dredg is on their own imprint and I believe recorded their own last record. That makes them pretty underground compared to other bands.

But before we debate we should define what "underground" means. As in what context are we speaking?
Reply
#14
ArtRockFan Wrote:Your a pretty angry guy? I don't remember being hostile with you? My friends do not have their heads up their asses. Sorry I offended you but theres no need to be rude were all logical adults here.

I am happy Dredg is on MTV they belong mainstream bc they are a modern day Floyd. I love their music!

Hopefully sigur ros and The Mind Museum are not far behind them!

To me underground means not on Top 40 radio stations and MTV or on a major label. Dredg is on their own imprint and I believe recorded their own last record. That makes them pretty underground compared to other bands.

But before we debate we should define what "underground" means. As in what context are we speaking?
I don't think Iota is really angry.
Just his normal satirical demeanor.
When I first joined I was a little put off, but he's growing on me.
If you hear a dripping noise when you're on the site, Iota must be lurking, thinking of a sarcastic remark.
At least that avatar is not so intimidating now.:evil:

Reply
#15
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities. Honestly.

Music Head Wrote:If you hear a dripping noise when you're on the site, Iota must be lurking, thinking of a sarcastic remark.
At least that avatar is not so intimidating now.:evil:

Well observed, Mister. I'm always on the prowl for defenseless prey and I chose that avatar because it is suggestive of me being benign which exponentiates my chances of successfully hunting down my focused victim.
Reply
#16
Iota Wrote:I'm always on the prowl for defenseless prey and I chose that avatar because it is suggestive of me being benign which exponentiates my chances of successfully hunting down my focused victim.

Good hunting.
Reply
#17
Behold the Flood a good metal band but not to heavy for the weak hearted
Reply
#18
[Image: gryphon-albums-gryphons-images-picture11...-aa240.jpg]

The American Dream an excellent rock band from the US..
I used to have a copy of their single " I ain't searching "

They appeared on the Bearsville label and were produced by Todd Rundgrun

Sad thing is, its real hard to get hold of much of there music but a trawl of the internet can produce results!!!!!!!!!Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#19
a trawling we will go

Reply
#20
Try this site as a start!

The American Dream (self-titled) | therisingstorm.net
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: The Struts - "too good at raising hell" CRAZY-HORSE 0 967 20-09-2023, 22:25
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Lucinda Williams - Stories From A Rock N Roll Heart Music Head 0 921 17-07-2023, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & The English Rock Ensemble ~ A Gallery of the Imagination Ruby 9 3,317 26-03-2023, 13:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Donovan & David Gilmour - Rock Me Ruby 1 1,094 15-12-2022, 10:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kid Rock - "bad attitude" CRAZY-HORSE 0 859 23-03-2022, 12:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEWSINGLE: Kid Rock - dont tell me how to live. CRAZY-HORSE 0 758 24-11-2021, 13:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & THE ENGLISH ROCK ENSEMBLE ~ The Red Planet Ruby 2 1,354 30-08-2020, 13:10
Last Post: R_burke
  NEW SINGLE: Pretty Reckless "death by rock and roll" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,246 02-07-2020, 03:18
Last Post: SteveO
  Nordic indie rock / pop Pianoman 0 825 21-05-2020, 08:19
Last Post: Pianoman
Video Just another rock song or an add for AA ? Dissily Mordentroge 0 1,054 27-10-2019, 23:48
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge

Forum Jump: