Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 FAVOURITE SONGS/TRACKS
That is Moore himself on vocals.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
^Thanks Jerome.

A serendipitous meeting with Rick Wakeman without whose touch we would have been listening to something very different, or maybe nothing at all - what Stevens had down prior to enlisting RW was too short to publish. A good pairing for this hymn written in 1931 by Eleanor Farjeon. Wrong time of the day for it for me, but then I guess it's always dawn somewhere!

4. "Morning Has Broken" - Cat Stevens, Teaser and the Firecat

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
a great song indeed.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

No idea when I first heard this, but I rather think a school friend's older brothers might have been responsible for quite a bit of the music that permeated my teenage consciousness. In fact, I know for sure that they were! Although they were most probably blissfully unaware of that fact - we weren't supposed to touch their records or players - yeah right. I'm sure it's a worldwide phenomenon! LOL! 

Also, the cover of this album was conceived and designed by my dear departed friend Douglas Maxwell, who did work for Island Records at the time - such an interesting life he had. His wife recently gave me some posters advertising the release of LP's and concerts from way back - Look at Yourself is on one of them. Need to get them framed or something! He was a crazy genius creator who was always making something - usually quite surreal. R.I.P. Doug. 

5. "July Morning" - Uriah Heep, Look at Yourself

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
6. "Diamonds & Rust" - Joan Baez, Diamonds & Rust

Quite simply, one of the most gorgeous songs ever written, IMHO ...

^^
im not a big fan of Baez but i love that song.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

^Yep - it goes like that. I'm not a big fan of several artists who've release one or two very earworthy numbers!
While on the subject of diamonds ... 

7. "Be" - Neil Diamond, Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track)

^^

oh yeah
so few words
so much depth

^^
like MH said but i will add, fantastic imagery in the video too

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 88 7,093 21-05-2024, 22:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 23,490 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  top 20 songs of all time CRAZY-HORSE 49 5,664 10-05-2023, 15:27
Last Post: Joe
  2022 EOY singles/songs lists CRAZY-HORSE 0 780 13-01-2023, 08:12
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 354 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest songs/singles of 2021: CRAZY-HORSE 1 385 14-01-2022, 23:04
  Favourite Cover Versions you prefer as much/more than the Original carbon_psycho 139 18,958 31-08-2021, 06:28
Last Post: JeromeD
  posting/labeling songs 'singles' or 'songs' CRAZY-HORSE 1 494 05-02-2021, 11:25
Last Post: Music Head
  Biggest selling songs/singles of 2020. CRAZY-HORSE 2 790 15-01-2021, 21:54
  Xmas songs on UK charts CRAZY-HORSE 0 398 11-12-2020, 23:31