Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Apart From Music What Other Interests /Hobbies/ Things Do We All Do ?
#11
I like reading, though haven't done much of that lately since getting Netflix back in October :tongue:, which leads me to watching movies and TV shows I've missed over the past almost 10 years of not having cable. (Currently I'm going through the West Wing on DVD and the X-Files on instant watch.)

I also like Euro strategy games like Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan, Farmville and Pet Society on Facebook :nod:, foreign languages (German is my favorite), and working on my websites.
Reply
#12
I read quite a bit. Non-ficition, magazines and comicbooks. I don't read that many novels.

I watch a lot of movies. I try to see a movie a week either in the theater or at home. I much prefer the theater but I don't always find the time. I saw Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Män Som Hatar Kvinnor) in the theater last Saturday.

I appreciate good craft beer, fine wine and spirits. I love to eat out and try new foods. I cook some as well.

Finally, I make my living at photography.
Reply
#13
mozartini Wrote:foreign languages (German is my favorite)

So toll ist Deutsch aber nun auch nicht.
Reply
#14
Besides music, I enjoy postcrossing (exchanging postcards with people around the world), cycling, hiking, reading causeries and going to flea markets.
Reply
#15
Other interests somewhat limited these days due to becoming disabled. Used to LOVE my gardening but absolute no-no now, and of course my linedancing, used to go three or four times a week, sometimes have a cry at not being able to do that!
On a brighter note, love knitting, cooking (waistline getting a bit too big though!) and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.
Reply
#16
Sorry to hear about your disability, Em...

How about knitting us all a Music Discussion bobble hat in time for next Winter ??
Reply
#17
Emillu Wrote:Other interests somewhat limited these days due to becoming disabled. Used to LOVE my gardening but absolute no-no now, and of course my linedancing, used to go three or four times a week, sometimes have a cry at not being able to do that!
On a brighter note, love knitting, cooking (waistline getting a bit too big though!) and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.

you and my wife would be bff's

Reply
#18
watching Scifi on TV (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human) plus other great TV drama (eg. Skins). I also like to read scifi, fantasy and also non-fiction (science and history mostly). I like to walk in natural places (mainly parks and along the canal here in Manchester but I come from the country and used to love walking in the fields - and occasionally woodlands). I also write fantasy and science fiction - and I've started volunteering for a community radio station, doing my own little music show which I love.

that's about it really. I don't get out much :-(
Reply
#19
Emillu Wrote:... and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.

I use up scrap materials making morsbags (I have my own pod), and also doing appliqué...I've broken 3 sewing machines so far :biggrin:
Reply
#20
pennywill Wrote:I use up scrap materials making morsbags (I have my own pod), and also doing appliqué...I've broken 3 sewing machines so far :biggrin:

What are morsbags?

Really would like to start doing something constructive with my time but can't make up my mind what!:confused:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,658 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,272 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,396 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,956 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,814 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,793 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,412 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,664 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,206 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,693 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: