31-05-2010, 16:43
Me too...
12 months is a long time to wait, though. Don't think I've ever booked anything so far in advance.
12 months is a long time to wait, though. Don't think I've ever booked anything so far in advance.
|
The wall tour
|
|
31-05-2010, 16:43
Me too...
12 months is a long time to wait, though. Don't think I've ever booked anything so far in advance.
31-05-2010, 20:18
I hope this comes here as well.. I wouldn't want to miss this at all.
21-09-2010, 02:52
Dudes! This show is MOST amazing. You are in for a treat! If I had the money I'd fly over to O2 just to see it again. It was very similar to the Berlin show I saw on DVD, scaled down of course. It had everything arena rock is famous for, blinding lights, pyrotechnics and louds rocking music. If a were to complain about anything, it would have to be that there wasn't much ad-libbing, guitar solos etc. That's understandable though, because the band has to stay in synch with the graphics. No encore because the stage was a hazard after they demolished the wall. And it would have been nice to see Gilmour appear. 10 stars, 2 thumbs up, Mind-blowing!
21-09-2010, 17:31
Excellent !!
My appetite has been whetted. Unfortunately we have seven months to wait...
21-10-2010, 05:37
yawn! yawn! bbooorrrriiiinnnnnnggggg!!!!
youre a sad lot of individuals. 'mother do you think they'll drop the bomb'.....they shouldve dropped it on the Floyd in 1967
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
24-10-2010, 12:29
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:yawn! yawn! bbooorrrriiiinnnnnnggggg!!!! "Hypocrisy: Prejudice with a halo" Ambrose Bierce
01-11-2010, 10:25
got 'the wall' delivered on cd today Tiggi. i can finally put away the vinyl copy, im surprised its still a double disc,thought it may have fitted on a single disc,its obviously longer than i thought it was....hold your breath in anticipation,the re-review is happening next week.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
01-11-2010, 18:36
I await it most eagerly...
02-11-2010, 06:54
Tiggi Wrote:I await it most eagerly... a sample to whett your appetite: In The Flesh (2.0) The Thin Ice (2.5) Mother (3.0) Run Like Hell (3.0) The Trial (2.5) its looking very good Tiggi!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
13-05-2011, 12:47
If I haven't mentioned it already (!!), this album is my absolute favourite, and I've had to wait 29 years to get to see it live again.
The O2 Arena in London is about an hour's drive for us, but we set off at lunchtime to avoid any traffic problems. Met up with dear friend Rob plus his buddies from Monmouth in Wales, and went for a fab meal in a Brazilian restarant in the complex. The show follows the same format as the original, but the projections onto the wall are comprehensively reworked. Much more politics referenced in the new set. I missed some of the original Gerald Scarfe sequences, but the new stuff is brilliantly done and hugely more hi-tech than the originals. Dave Gilmour had agreed to play Comfortably Numb on one of the dates, and bless me if last night wasn't the night. When he appeared at the top of the wall to sing & play the song, the O2 erupted. What an atmosphere !! The sound was incredible, and I have to say this was a truly awesome show. Mrs Tiggi had never seen The Wall live, and was so blown away she pestered me all the way home to get tickets for another night. We've booked again for Sunday !! A few pics: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|