Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bands you don't understand?!
#11
Or drugs. Drugs always help with The Grateful Dead.
[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/OnionSkin/"]
[/URL]
Reply
#12
Indeed....
Reply
#13
Nirvana is a band that I don't understand.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#14
I second that.
Reply
#15
The Beatles and The Clash - I don't think there's too much to understand - just don't get the hype
Reply
#16
I'm not a fan of the Clash. The Beatles are great, though. Revolver is one of the few albums I would rate as 10/10. Most of the people who make a really big deal out of them haven't listened to more than a few songs.. Weak.
Reply
#17
The answer to this question will vary widely from person to person, and
i would think which generation you are from would have a huge impact on the answers.

I don't get alot of musicians, frankly.

I agree with Ray Charles when he stated (something to the effect) that much of what is being played "these days" is stuff he could have pulled of as a child, and keep in mind most of the musicians to which i refer can actually see.

well, their eyes work, anyway.

For my list I am going with wider brush strokes, seasoned with a smidgen of sarcasm.

hair bands
rap. if they start sampling polka, i won' get polka rap either, is my guess.
most popular radio music
pop
disco


I am an old fart that likes old blues, r&b and genre like zydeco and new orleans funk.
Reply
#18
What did one Deadhead say to the other Deadhead when they came down off their acid trip at a Grateful Dead show?

Wow, this band kinda sucks.

:p

it is a joke. don't hate the messenger. lol.
Reply
#19
the killers
muse
queen of the stone age
deftones
korn
limp bizkit
mastodon
dragonforce
Reply
#20
synystergates17 Wrote:the killers
muse
queen of the stone age
deftones
korn
limp bizkit
mastodon
dragonforce

What don't you understand about the above bands? Remember, its not bands you don't like its what you don't understand. I don't think there's much to get about the above bands, except for Mastodon. Or is it you don't understand why others like them?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All-Female tribute bands jazzboCR 11 5,007 21-08-2015, 00:30
Last Post: zcarenow
  Eurythmics - I Saved The World Today Looking for similar tracks / bands, robbi270 0 1,110 23-07-2014, 00:18
Last Post: robbi270
  Top 10 rock bands ever wardsmith 52 20,299 16-08-2013, 15:23
Last Post: SteveO
  Top 5 Rock Bands of All-Time Kurt Staley 30 15,232 25-03-2013, 03:29
Last Post: LMD
  Need help finding similar sounding Bands/Songs... Luca 5 2,609 02-12-2012, 15:51
Last Post: SteveO
  The KInks one of my favourite bands Mrrusty1 8 3,552 04-09-2012, 09:26
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  Favorite Girl Singers/Bands coykiesaol 37 12,743 10-08-2012, 09:18
Last Post: Jerome
  It seems odd to not see much on here about Jam bands... gater 5 2,202 20-08-2011, 19:04
Last Post: gater
  old bands new music? Rocker720 28 12,193 15-08-2011, 01:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Which genre do these bands go into? coykiesaol 8 3,324 18-07-2011, 17:36
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: