Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What does your music collection lool like ?
#11
I prefer physical copies to invisible mp3's. Bought a couple of album downloads but it's just not the same thing. Then you have to make sure you have it all backed up because if you lose your disk drive or iPod you're screwed. So the new convenient technology is not so convenient anymore is it! Wonder what's going to happen when we are all forced to change to newer versions of out operating systems one day????? I do take a portable mp3 player on holiday with me simply because it's a lot easier than lugging discs around. But at home it's always CD's. One thing to note here - because of the 'disposability' of music these days the younger generation are not going to 'hold' onto classic albums - they're just going to keep changing to the next big thing. Maybe the concept of the classic album is a dying one? Any thoughts on this one guys?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#12
gottaluvmusic Wrote:I wouldnt know...mines all on my ipod. I used to have heaps of discs...but that was when the kids were younger...and they thought they'd make good frisbees Undecided have given up trying to buy more discs to play normally. Everytime CH and I are together and I pick up a disc...its "Ive already got that one"...grrr.....ONE DAY I shall find one he doesnt have!

try Ummagumma or any of the other crappy early Floyd rubbish and Led Zepplin also...except "IV"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#13
gottaluvmusic Wrote:I wouldnt know...mines all on my ipod. I used to have heaps of discs...but that was when the kids were younger...and they thought they'd make good frisbees Undecided have given up trying to buy more discs to play normally. Everytime CH and I are together and I pick up a disc...its "Ive already got that one"...grrr.....ONE DAY I shall find one he doesnt have!

I'm willing to bet he does not have 'A Tribute to Early Pink Floyd' by Johnny Cash. Quite a rare album by all accounts.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#14
Jerome Wrote:I'm willing to bet he does not have 'A Tribute to Early Pink Floyd' by Johnny Cash. Quite a rare album by all accounts.


LMFAO Jerome!!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#15
Jerome Wrote:I prefer physical copies to invisible mp3's. Bought a couple of album downloads but it's just not the same thing. Then you have to make sure you have it all backed up because if you lose your disk drive or iPod you're screwed. So the new convenient technology is not so convenient anymore is it! Wonder what's going to happen when we are all forced to change to newer versions of out operating systems one day????? I do take a portable mp3 player on holiday with me simply because it's a lot easier than lugging discs around. But at home it's always CD's. One thing to note here - because of the 'disposability' of music these days the younger generation are not going to 'hold' onto classic albums - they're just going to keep changing to the next big thing. Maybe the concept of the classic album is a dying one? Any thoughts on this one guys?
Hard to show off a digital copy.
"hey, come on over and look at my music collection. See all the titles on the screen? oops, I deleted it.

Reply
#16
I'm waiting for the guy who is going to write the code for the virus that wipes out all MP3 collections on PC's!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#17
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:LMFAO Jerome!!!!

Thought you'd like that one.


love yours and MH's humour Jerome...always value for money mate!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#18
Jerome Wrote:I'm waiting for the guy who is going to write the code for the virus that wipes out all MP3 collections on PC's!

...it'll happen eventually, but thankfully im safe!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#19
Jerome Wrote:I'm waiting for the guy who is going to write the code for the virus that wipes out all MP3 collections on PC's!
I've backed up most of my stuff but that would still be really awful. Or not? I kind of enjoyed loading all of my CD's into the PC the first time.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#20
TraceNspace Wrote:I've backed up most of my stuff but that would still be really awful. Or not? I kind of enjoyed loading all of my CD's into the PC the first time.

Oh yeah can't wait to do it again Trace! It's right up there with the washing and the ironing. (Just kidding). Loading software or Audio CD's drives me nuts. I had a crash on my home studio system 3 weeks ago - I am STLL loading and configuring software 3 weeks later. It's like watching paint dry.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My CD Collection Music Head 195 26,320 1 hour ago
Last Post: Music Head
  Billboard Music Charts For 2026 Music Head 48 16,962 29-09-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  White Town - Your Woman (Music Video) (1997) - Filming Locations Then and Now ChrisBungo 0 494 23-05-2026, 18:29
Last Post: ChrisBungo
  My Vinyl Collection Music Head 434 98,056 16-04-2026, 01:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Billboard Music Charts For 2025 Music Head 75 63,665 23-12-2025, 13:26
Last Post: Music Head
  Tibetan Music for Relaxation and Healing Meditation clrichey 0 877 23-10-2025, 01:42
Last Post: clrichey
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 1 1,765 16-09-2025, 17:17
Last Post: ChrisBungo
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 68 23,307 24-12-2024, 13:52
Last Post: Music Head
  My Vinyl Collection Music Head 2 1,350 08-12-2024, 22:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 2,627 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: