Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Other Interests
#11
looks like halo related master chief thingy.

(i dont like halo)
Reply
#12
Tiggi Wrote:How far back have you managed to trace your family, Catrina ??

PS, what's the story with your new avatar ? is it a local mural ? Can't make out if it's one of the paramilitary ones, or one of the recent over-paintings.

Only about 6 or 7 generations.

The internet isn't that great for Irish history - but I did find out in five minutes about a relative of mine who was born in the house I grew up in and who died in the first world war. All about the battle he was killed in and the cemetary in France where he's commerated. The more I read the more tragic it seemed - there's a reason I much prefer social history to military.

My avatar - yeah it probably seems a bit odd. It's a relatively long-standing mural about 2 minutes from the house I grew up in in Derry and always reminds me of there, so to me it's pretty sentimental.
I hope it's not offensive as it's not meant to make that sort of a point but I'm happy to own up to my roots - you're a sum of all your experiences aren't you?
Reply
#13
Not at all offensive. I was just curious.
Reply
#14
Okay cool then - so what's your avatar all about then? (bear in mind I am sitting looking at 2 (polystyrene) skulls my daughter has just bought)
Reply
#15
It's Damien Hurst's licence-to-print-money sculpture For The Love of God.

Whether or not it's art is debateable, but it's captured my imagination.

It cost a reputed £12 million to make, with the skull being a platinum cast of a real skull he bought from a taxidermy shop, which has then been encrusted with flawless diamonds. Recently sold for £50 million.

Ha Ha, the fools...
Reply
#16
...and, it's gone...
Reply
#17
Oh yeah - I know the one you mean - I think my daughter did better with 2 for a fiver. And her and my son have been playing volleyball with them in the living room
Reply
#18
Bumpity Bump !!
Reply
#19
I'll bump this post with a bit of substance!

Other than listening to music... Hmm. I like to write poetry, read books, go for walks, talk to Charlie, inhale pesticides, you know... I used to make ambient music in FruityLoops via synth manipulations. I also did some with found sounds. I've had a general interest in the creation of musique concrete (minus the accent aigu, I think it is) since I discovered the concept. I also enjoy politics and researching things of that nature.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#20
Aside from sound tripping, I play online games, experiment on photoshop, sleep and stroll anywhere. Big Grin

Hmm, think about that, I can still listen to music even when I do something else. Big Grin
Share Music, Share Creativity, Join the Tribe!
http://www.TribeofNoise.com
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apart From Music What Other Interests /Hobbies/ Things Do We All Do ? gryphon 30 12,130 15-10-2018, 05:14
Last Post: sjpolyguy
  Looking for musicians with alike interests Electric Velocity 2 1,516 14-05-2014, 13:27
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: