Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
what would be your supergroup
#11
Yup I know of those ! Too bad they didn't do Abbey Road medley, Sgt. Pepper, MM Tour, Let It Be and White album live , eh Rusty ? The excuse was that there was too much screaming and they couldn't hear themselves play ! I'm not sure if the Beatlemania craze would have lasted into their later years ...I guess we'll never know !
Mrrusty1 Wrote:yes I have 2 beatles live albums (live at the star club hamburg 1962 ) and (beatles at the Hollywood bowl1964/1965) excellent also there is live at candlestick park on dvd /video and a live a live dvd in japan ..which can also be viewed on you tube great stuff the one in japan was recorded in 1966 and includes paperback writer which is one of my fav beatle songs [video=youtube_share;qlRGleqYJBk]http://youtu.be/qlRGleqYJBk[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#12
yes indeed if the beatles had lasted intothe 70s and beyond who knows what masterpieces might have been created
SteveO Wrote:Yup I know of those ! Too bad they didn't do Abbey Road medley, Sgt. Pepper, MM Tour, Let It Be and White album live , eh Rusty ? The excuse was that there was too much screaming and they couldn't hear themselves play ! I'm not sure if the Beatlemania craze would have lasted into their later years ...I guess we'll never know !
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#13
yes with the technology today songs like strawberry fields forever could be produced on stage but I don't think they could have easily done that in 1967 lol
SteveO Wrote:Yup I know of those ! Too bad they didn't do Abbey Road medley, Sgt. Pepper, MM Tour, Let It Be and White album live , eh Rusty ? The excuse was that there was too much screaming and they couldn't hear themselves play ! I'm not sure if the Beatlemania craze would have lasted into their later years ...I guess we'll never know !
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#14
With the help of taped tracks I suppose like Pink Floyd did at their Live at Pompei set but that was 1972, the technology probably wasn't there in "67 , you're right Rusty.
Mrrusty1 Wrote:yes with the technology today songs like strawberry fields forever could be produced on stage but I don't think they could have easily done that in 1967 lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#15
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1801[/ATTACH][video=youtube_share;IG0SayJH_KQ]http://youtu.be/IG0SayJH_KQ[/video]yeah Ive watched that film live at pompei and pink Floyd are in the studio in parts of the film recording dark side of the moon , and for 1973 there are some amazing technical innovations for instance that blue fluorescent light keyboard synth ......I think it was a moog of some type... I also love the comment from David Gilmore.. where would rock and roll be without feedback..which is exactly what I think too lol
SteveO Wrote:With the help of taped tracks I suppose like Pink Floyd did at their Live at Pompei set but that was 1972, the technology probably wasn't there in "67 , you're right Rusty.
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#16
Thanks Russ ! ...very cool !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#17
Riveting thread!
My dream band would be:

Freddie Mercury on vocals
Steve Morse on guitars (yeah, this one hasn't popped off, and let's hope he never ever leaves us, for he's given us glorious music!)
Jaco P. on bass
J. Bonham on drums

Crazy enough, isn't it?

Now, a possible dream band:

Devin Townsend on Vocals
G. Govan on guitars
Billy Sheehan on bass
Terry Bozzio on the drums
Reply
#18
Devin Townsend ...a good Canadian boy,,,I love it !!!
IvanMC Wrote:Riveting thread!
My dream band would be:

Freddie Mercury on vocals
Steve Morse on guitars (yeah, this one hasn't popped off, and let's hope he never ever leaves us, for he's given us glorious music!)
Jaco P. on bass
J. Bonham on drums

Crazy enough, isn't it?

Now, a possible dream band:

Devin Townsend on Vocals
G. Govan on guitars
Billy Sheehan on bass
Terry Bozzio on the drums
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#19
Vocals - Freddie Mercury
Lead Guitar - Randy Rhoads
Rythym Guitar - Eddie Van Halen
Bass - Geddy Lee
Drums -Neil Peart
Reply
#20
^Two of three Rush members! Have you seen them live recently?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stephen Stills new-ish supergroup jazzboCR 0 1,047 29-10-2014, 21:56
Last Post: jazzboCR
  a Blues-rock supergroup jazzboCR 3 1,621 30-05-2014, 16:16
Last Post: musitron

Forum Jump: