Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
another of the great tracks from Snow Patrol's "fallen empires" album...
[video=youtube;aMZofb757A4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMZofb757A4[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
Scaffold's fourth and final UK top10 hit...
a lovely folk tune recorded in the mid 1970s, includes Wings on instrumentation.
[video=youtube;hg56z5DGin0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg56z5DGin0[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
"Beautiful Girl" from George Harrison's Thirty Three & 1/3
[video=youtube;pMLv6H7b2v0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMLv6H7b2v0[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
I much prefer The Band's version of Dixie,
so here's a cool live version of it...
[video=youtube;jREUrbGGrgM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREUrbGGrgM[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
^Levon owns that track - Amen.
Richie Havens putting his very own spin on Joni's "Woodstock" - from Grace of the Sun
[video=youtube;7ScdZjztThk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ScdZjztThk[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Another from the same album - the lead track. So much authority in this man's music - fabulous ...
[video=youtube;P-77-IFGS5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-77-IFGS5c[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
As it happens, David Crosby's first album is titled If I Could Only Remember My Name - I sympathize ... lol! If I could only remember what I've posted, I would not be repeating myself, which I strongly suspect I'm about to do .... there's this strange sense of Déjà vu ... :laugh:
From Wind on the Water - stunning, stunning track ...
[video=youtube;qoek1e8t2K4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoek1e8t2K4[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2016
Exactly
this is much better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6bjqdll7DI
do you know anything similar ?