Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2016
I recently watched
Babadook...and I have to say it is the most intelligent and compelling horror film that I have ever seen. The film has so many layers that it might require multiple viewing to understand the movie completely. It is like a poignant essay on grief, loss and depression which no horror film has ever tried to explore.
Posts: 239
Threads: 12
Joined: Oct 2016
24-10-2016, 21:14
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2016, 20:24 by MFS.)
One of the best, if not THE one, best Swedish movies I've ever seen.
And even if you don't give the Movie a shot, don't miss out the gorgious Gabriella's song performed by Helene Sjoholm - this musical piece alone makes the Movie worthwhile
Movie:
As it is in heaven
Song (English subs - no professional translation though): Gabriellas song
[video=youtube;88nflVmxPP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nflVmxPP4[/video]
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
MFS Wrote:One of the best, if not THE one, best Swedish movies I've ever seen.
And even if you don't give the Movie a shot, don't miss out the gorgious Gabriella's song performed by Helene Sjoholm - this musical piece alone makes the Movie worthwhile
Movie: As it is in heaven
Song (English subs - Swedish lyrics original): Gabriellas song
I read the reviews on this movie MFS. I would like to see the movie. Sounds interesting.
Sounds a little like The Fighting Temptations.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I enjoyed As It Is in Heaven and Netflix Canada doesn't offer Babadook!:frown: I really want to see this! I watched Silent Hill Revelation recently,, a quirky horror flic and the visual and special effects were out of this world!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 239
Threads: 12
Joined: Oct 2016
I also read some of the reviews of As it is in heaven, and I experienced the same phenomena many reviewers write about... When the after texts were scrolling, people just sat there, in some kind of emotional state preventing us from leaving the room...
That was a new experience to me
Posts: 239
Threads: 12
Joined: Oct 2016
Another beautiful song from the movie As it is in heaven (this time with English lyrics)
[video=youtube;ug_pMqVTkNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug_pMqVTkNQ[/video]
Posts: 239
Threads: 12
Joined: Oct 2016
27-10-2016, 20:08
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2016, 20:12 by MFS.)
Lovely Linda Wrote:I read the reviews on this movie MFS. I would like to see the movie. Sounds interesting.
Sounds a little like The Fighting Temptations.
Have never heard of The Fighting Temptations, read some about it - is it mainly a comedy?
As it is in heaven is hard to categorize - it contains humour, sadness, happiness, joy, anger... the list can go on and on
But the great thing about the movie is that you will be affected, in more than one way and not least by the simplicity and purity with which the director Kaj Pollak and the actors are performing... it is just beautiful... Listen to the songs I've posted - even though one of them is sung in Swedish it grabs you deeply...
Just watch it, you won't regret it....
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
The Fighting Temptations is a very good movie. You should see it.
Somewhat comedy but a mixture of emotions will be found. Great singing with Beyonce

mile:
[video=youtube;-o1GCF5Xthc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V--o1GCF5Xthc[/video]
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
I will be looking for As It Is In Heaven

mile:
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Just wondering MFS, hope you don't mind me asking but are you a Christian?