Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recommend me some Psychedelic Rock!
#21
These are softer than some pychedelia but well worth checking out

Nirvana ( The UK band not the US ) I have a boxed set called Chemistry but the early albums are interesting such as The Story Of Simon Simopath , Local Anesthetic

Fairfield Parlour From Home To Home

Have you tried the early Floyd Albums with Syd Barrett ? Eg Piper At The Gates Of Dawn the compilation Relics ?
Reply
#22
I am familiar with Floyd..

But never knew there was UK band named Nirvana, can you recommend me some songs to try them out.. maybe a youtube video or something.
Reply
#23
Hi Carbon psycho

Nirvana The Band were active in the late 60s so I'm not sure if you will find much on youtube , however you should be able to find some downloads of tracks like
Pentacost Hotel
Rainbow Chaser
Tiny Goddess
All Of Us

Check out the wikipedia site on Nirvana UK to find out more
Reply
#24
Found them on Youtube.. they sound good.. thanks.

YouTube - Nirvana - Pentecost Hotel 1968
Reply
#25
Checked out Ataxia, can't remember if someone here had already mentioned them...

Really loved them.. Would like more similar recommendations.
Reply
#26
carbon_psycho Wrote:...But never knew there was UK band named Nirvana...

Me neither. But I remember thinking the name seemed too obvious never to have been used before.
Reply
#27
How about the band that coined Psychedelic Rock... Iron Butterfly

Ric
Reply
#28
Iota Wrote:Looks like we're talking about prog now.

So, since everthing seems to be allowed:

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Frank Zappa
Sun City Girls - there's nothing more psychedelic than these guys
Sunburned Hand of the Man
No-Neck Blues Band
Jackie-O Motherfucker
Master Musicians of Bukkake - awesome supergroup; my album of the year so far

Sorry double post lulz

EDIT: just came up with more

Third Ear Band
Hapshash & The Coloured Coat
Vibracathedral Orchestra


Good list Jackie O always worth a listen,

also

Comets on Fire
Oakley Hall
Black Mountain
PG six
and
Dead Meadow
Reply
#29
carbon_psycho Wrote:BTW just wiki'd Ozric Tentacles, they look awesome.. their album covers are trippy... I advise all to give it a look.. I will check their music out & get back to the thread.

So, did you gave them a listen? I was curious if this was the kind of psychedelic you were looking for.

If not, I strongly suggest the album "The Hidden Step", as it is the best from them I know right now, out of 4. They have about 16 albums, so I have a remaining 12 albums to discover; amazing band!
Reply
#30
Honestly I didn't get to check them out..

But now since you reminded me, I'll check the album you recommended.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Lucinda Williams - Stories From A Rock N Roll Heart Music Head 0 921 17-07-2023, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & The English Rock Ensemble ~ A Gallery of the Imagination Ruby 9 3,317 26-03-2023, 13:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Donovan & David Gilmour - Rock Me Ruby 1 1,094 15-12-2022, 10:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kid Rock - "bad attitude" CRAZY-HORSE 0 859 23-03-2022, 12:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEWSINGLE: Kid Rock - dont tell me how to live. CRAZY-HORSE 0 758 24-11-2021, 13:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & THE ENGLISH ROCK ENSEMBLE ~ The Red Planet Ruby 2 1,354 30-08-2020, 13:10
Last Post: R_burke
  NEW SINGLE: Pretty Reckless "death by rock and roll" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,246 02-07-2020, 03:18
Last Post: SteveO
  Nordic indie rock / pop Pianoman 0 825 21-05-2020, 08:19
Last Post: Pianoman
Video Just another rock song or an add for AA ? Dissily Mordentroge 0 1,054 27-10-2019, 23:48
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  Fifty Years of Prog Rock by Fred de Vries Ruby 8 3,128 13-10-2019, 06:44
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge

Forum Jump: