Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
26-02-2014, 03:53
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2014, 03:56 by jazzboCR.)
Sometime all it takes is for a forceful, respected person showing you a different way...But I'll bet more than one person has found something else they liked by hitting the wrong button on a radio and saying, "Hey!"
BTW, it's no surprise that rock/metal scored so high, given the demographics here. Then again, with so few votes...
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Yup...no avant garde jazz...ala Coleman. Ayler and Taylor...lol

mile:
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
Mine would Definitely be Country!!!! I like other kinds of music but I like Country better
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Myfriendtiny Wrote:Mine would Definitely be Country!!!! I like other kinds of music but I like Country better
Who all do you like in Country?
Posts: 93
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2014
I like them all, truly. Blues, Metal, Country, Rap.
But I chose 'electronica' because (while there is a lot of fluff) it samples and incorporates all those other sounds.
When it's at it's best. Luke Vibert does steel guitar / Hawaiian. Igorrr does Baroque / Metal / Bluegrass.. all in one song.
Etc.
So, chalk me up, if I
had to choose....

Fun question. To think about.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
rebelgirl Wrote:Who all do you like in Country?
not sure whether this question was for the one you replied to rebel or for anyone on the site...
but here goes with a few that role off the brain pretty quick....
Loretta Lynne
Johnny Cash
Kris Kristofferson
Merle Haggard
Willie Nelson(i always think of him as a blues/jazz guy but the experts call him country!)
Kasey Chambers
Slim Dusty
Jim Reeves(some call him country others call him a 'crooner')
Elvis Presley(released more country tracks than anything else in his career)
Alan Jackson
Kenny Rogers(early material pre mid 1980s)
Dolly Parton (pre 1980s)
Skeeter Davis
Taylor Swift(i dont call her country but again,the experts do!)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
rebelgirl Wrote:Who all do you like in Country?
Depends ...... You mean artists???? If that is what you mean I have a long list..... here is a few.
George Strait(Of Course :nod

Aarron Watson
Luke Bryan,
Keith Urban
Eric Church
and a ton more!!!!!!
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.â â B.B. King
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:not sure whether this question was for the one you replied to rebel or for anyone on the site...
but here goes with a few that role off the brain pretty quick....
Loretta Lynne
Johnny Cash
Kris Kristofferson
Merle Haggard
Willie Nelson(i always think of him as a blues/jazz guy but the experts call him country!)
Kasey Chambers
Slim Dusty
Jim Reeves(some call him country others call him a 'crooner')
Elvis Presley(released more country tracks than anything else in his career)
Alan Jackson
Kenny Rogers(early material pre mid 1980s)
Dolly Parton (pre 1980s)
Skeeter Davis
Taylor Swift(i dont call her country but again,the experts do!)
I was replying to Myfriendtiny personally but that's fine. I like some of your favorites!!
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
What kind of music do you like Rebelgirl?
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.â â B.B. King
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Myfriendtiny Wrote:What kind of music do you like Rebelgirl?
I like all kinds of music but my favorite is Gospel. My second is Country. I also like Rock, Soul, Pop, and Disco. I just love music!!

mile: