Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Movie recommendations please !
I finally got around to watching 2001 A Space Odyssey last night. It's a superb film! I recommend it.
Reply
Killswitch on Netflix - the most important part of this movie is the last few paragraphs of dialogue.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
Watership down - tell me about it. I have not watched it but since Bright Eyes has been in my all time top 10 for ages and I recently ran into some discussion on Youtube where they were discussing Watership down. Seem like a a movie many have grown up with, that kind of movie you watch as a child and cry - and obviously also some of the older shed a tear sometime...
What's it like, was it good, was it a babysitter for many of you? Worth watching?
Reply
I have always had a fascination for mountaineering and what drives people to want to conquer these monstrous mountains. Everest, K2 and the elusive Annapurna. I have watched many movies about the subject, some good, some crap, but this particular documentary is excellent - check out what it is REALLY like on the mountain at the 22:56 mark. These people are nuts. Brave, but nuts. https://youtu.be/kmGel9P8ekk
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
i watched the almost 40 minute documentary BTW!

I totally admire those guys (and anyone else who attempts to climb those peaks Jerome),
I wish i'd have thought of doing it when I was younger and fitter, would have loved to "stand on top of the world".
absolutely breathtaking views!

there was recently a mini-series on our TV called "Hillary", no, not about Clinton, but Sir Edmund, unfortunately i missed the first part
and if i miss a part of a series i don't watch the rest of it, hopefully it will be repeated as some point.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
Watch 'Beyond the Edge' and 'Everest' - both very good.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
I watched some movies over the last few days and these are the ones I really liked.

Ex Machina - I enjoyed the movie. It is engaging, suspenseful, and thought-provoking. I thought about the subject matter, AI, long after it was over. Also, that ending. 9/10

Edge of Tomorrow - I watched it over the weekend and it is a good, sci-fi, action movie. I wouldn't call myself a big fan of Tom Cruise, but I liked him here as well as Emily Blunt.

10 Cloverfield Lane - This is one of the better movies to come out in 2016, IMO. It was suspenseful and it wasn't predictable which is saying something. John Goodman did a great acting performance here. He even made me feel nervous, haha.
Reply
Hidden Figures: I don't know about this one. Even Kevin was not thrilled about it when offered.
I'll see it though because of Kevin :wink:
Reply
I watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix. I was curious as to whether anyone else has seen this and who you might think is the guilty party. Also busy watching a funny Oz series called 'Offspring'. Don't know who the main female lead is but she can put her slippers under my bed anytime! LOL
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
Must see 'Jackie' when it comes out as well.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Will there a Barbershop 4 movie? sing-a-long 2 3,571 22-10-2023, 10:12
Last Post: JeromeD
Big Grin New movie- russian/armenian/asian female model film sing-a-long 0 975 14-10-2023, 04:20
Last Post: sing-a-long
Big Grin What movie do you enjoy? sing-a-long 0 944 10-04-2023, 16:54
Last Post: sing-a-long
  YESTERDAY - new movie release SteveO 1 1,688 03-07-2019, 19:07
Last Post: SteveO
  The New Elton John Movie ....OK but.... gryphon 5 2,837 31-05-2019, 20:32
Last Post: SteveO
  worst casting in a movie oldies65 7 3,886 18-10-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Barbra Streisand - Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Music Head 1 2,112 09-09-2016, 13:41
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Great Songs From a Movie lady layne 1 3,048 03-12-2015, 05:47
Last Post: Clive Harrison
  movie logos jazzboCR 0 2,079 17-07-2014, 00:47
Last Post: jazzboCR
  2014 promises to be a movie goers paradise Amurcomusic 0 1,734 03-07-2014, 08:07
Last Post: Amurcomusic

Forum Jump: