Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................
Video 
How far back does the origin of the video clip (do we still call them that?) go?
This far or further?

Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
"Pipeline" from Ammonia Avenue

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
im not a huge fan of Marley or even Reggae but im getting there
anyway,
had this one going round my brain all day so I had to YouTube it:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Video 
Tried to like this. Although all the ingredients are there somehow to sum is less than the parts added together.

(29-10-2019, 08:20)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: im not a huge fan of Marley or even Reggae but im getting there
anyway,
had this one going round my brain all day so I had to YouTube it:

That sure doesn’t sound like the track I have on the original LP. Anyway, you need to be off your face to enjoy Mr Marley.
that's because it was remixed for the release of "legend" in 1984 as opposed to the original version on 83's "confrontation"
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Video 
I’ve been thinking about how the video clip has influenced music of the last few decades as often I find I’ve enjoyed one not because of the music but because of the visuals. Kazaki are one group who’s music to my ears is far less signficant thant the brilliant visuals used.
I’d never bother to listen to a Kasaki tune without the visuals.

Here’s two I stumbled across today where I find the music disposable compared to the visuals.

Too often today the video production given to songs is way ahead of the music.

I run a pub quiz once a month, for fun (or because I need my head examined – never quite sure which!) and included ‘identify the rock star’ using recent photos in one of the picture-clue rounds. Not a single soul got Billy Joel. Dodgy

I often feel sorry for the final track on an album, pretty sure they don't get played much, so I'm picking that one ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
if you would have said
sometimes referred to as Jelly Bowl
they would have got it

^^
Hahahahahaha you made me spill my coffee on my laptop MH !

Ruby: not only was Through The Long Night stuck at the ass end of the album it was also the flip side of the Its Still Rock And Roll To Me single, again,
something most people don't play...
does that mean even Jelly thought of it as a 'throwaway' track/album filler???

back to the thread:
not sure of Ruby's age, and I don't need to know, other than that I know im the youngest member here
but ive noticed that as you get older songs some songs hit you in different ways, the meanings change, feelings come more easily
or all of the above.
anyway,
theres only half a dozen songs I know that are genuinely sad enough to bring a tear to these eyes and this one is the saddest of all.
Damn you GJ !

Video 

This could have been a decent ballad if a bit slow but the idiocy of closely miking an obviously inferior piano and boosting it’s levels way too high destroys any chance of this working effectively.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 786 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 20 7,463 18-02-2023, 03:05
Last Post: GlitchedSalvation
  Listening ridiculous number of times to same recording. SophiaL 7 3,087 01-09-2022, 10:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  Beautiful & Emotional Anime Soundtracks I'm Listening koukei 0 1,447 29-12-2016, 02:20
Last Post: koukei
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,496 05-12-2016, 04:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What song are you listening to right now? nka 1 1,605 04-09-2016, 08:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 2,944 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Music Study Listening Tests! ANYONE? jdalgl201 0 1,278 17-02-2016, 21:12
Last Post: jdalgl201
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,594 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,206 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal