Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................
Stranger and stranger.....I can see everything on this page before I login, but after login is when I'm missing posts.  And....I just noticed this.....the post numbers change?? Ruby's "Oblivion" video is really post #3634, but after I login it changes to #3640....which is actually my 4th post, the one with the Leaves' Eyes video.  So sorry to go on about this but it is absolutely the weirdest thing that I've seen in a very long time. I won't waste any more space on this, just wishing that this annoying (to me at least) mystery could be explained. Yes I can be anal like that.

Funny (or totally weird) that this weird thing made me think of one of the most 'unique' videos that I have in my favorites list. Credit my Sweetie for finding it some time ago..... GREAT tune if one likes the Techno kind of thing. Trentemøller is a total genius. The vocalist about halfway through adds a whole extra gothic effect in my view. 

Don't look back
Keep on track to break the curse
Take the chance
Design your universe

~ Epica ~
^Is this still happening Rouge? I changed a setting and am hoping that's what it was. 

I'm hopeless on the techno front. Not my thing at all, with very few exceptions of the irrepressibly upbeat earwormy kind! Big Grin Not even sure what label this gets - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ReF7WTxjE

David Minasian's The Sound of Dreams, "The Sound of Dreams (Third Movement)" with maestro Steve Hackett - fabulous album - just lovely ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
That fixed it Ruby, whatever you did! Thank you! :-D

That Bakermat tune is basically House music, although with some kind of twist.... it starts out like what I might call 'Funk House' but I'm not even sure if that's a thing ;-)

'Techno' is really a subgenre of EDM/Electronica. Its most notable characteristic is a kind of flat melody, mostly beat and instrumentation. The vocalist in the Trentemøller vid is almost techno-ish herself.... she barely scales beyond 3 notes, not even half an octave :-)

'The Sound of Dreams' is very well named! I kept wanting to see water running in one of those little rivulets.

This is something that my sweetie found ages ago and it has become one of my favorite 'chill' tunes. The images are fascinating. I love the one at 1:45.

Michael Hoppé.... signed Vangelis when he worked at PolyGram Records...

https://michaelhoppe.com/

Sisters Leah and Chloe, SOOO creative that they defy genre I think. Georgia Appalachians (roots are definitely deep Appalachia) to New Orleans and then the world.

One of my earliest faves

Don't look back
Take the chance
Design your universe

~ Epica ~
^^
two cool tracks there Rogue, thanks.

you might like this

and this:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

^^ Yes! That duet especially. I love when two people can make it seem like they were born to do a song. Kasey may

think that she's "not pretty enough" but she has a really pretty voice.

And about pretty voices.... if I could be any singer-songwriter-musicmaker in the world, in a heartbeat I would 
choose to be this oh so gifted lady from Aussie land....

... although I first discovered Emma as a voice in a Trance music video with Russian EDM producer Serge Devant. Her voice in that track was so ear-catching that I couldn't help falling in love. I will probably post that vid in the electronica section soon.

^^ Yes! That duet especially. I love when two people can make it seem like they were born to do a song. Kasey may think that she's "not pretty enough" but she has a really pretty voice.

And about pretty voices.... if I could be any singer-songwriter-musicmaker in the world, in a heartbeat I would choose to be this oh so talented lady from Aussie land....

... although I first discovered Emma as a voice in a Trance music video with Russian EDM producer Serge Devant. Her voice in that vid was so ear-catching that I couldn't help falling in love. I will probably post it in the electronica section soon.
Don't look back
Take the chance
Design your universe

~ Epica ~
^I tried to respond to your PM Rogue but you have disabled that function so I can't. Not sure what it is with the last post in this thread - it's happened once or twice before in random places on the board, and I can't see anything that would cause it! Very strange. Will have another look. Sorry for the inconvenience.  Sad
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
From The Life Of The Honey Bee & Other Moments Of Clarity ... 

Ruby I turned on PMs, was certain that I had done that at the very first but I didn't. So sorry :-)

What's weird is that I can see everything before I login but not after.  My sweetie is a highly skilled IT professional and he says that sometimes (or rarely) profiles can be created with glitches or they can appear sometime later. But it's really not a big problem because as I said I can see everything just fine without logging in. So no worries at all, it's fine :-)

There have been times when I thought that I was a little strange, a 30-something millennial that loves a lot of 60s music. But these youngsters are just as strange as me I suppose... not 'Mama Cass' but beautifully done and very faithful, has the 'mood' and everything.....

(P.S. -- I can't see my own posts to edit them, so if any mods notice anything that really needs fixing, please do!!)

A song by Nightwish was in the recommendations list and it reminded me.... I couldn't resist finding this one with Tarja Turunen, the original Nightwish vocalist (she left in 2005 or 2006). Tarja joining Sharon and Within Temptation. HUGE ENERGY in this song, you have been warned :-) but I LOVE ALL of the "Queens of Metal Opera" and especially Tarja the Finn. And watching her sing this song (on our left) with Dutch soul sister Sharon always always always gives me an adrenaline rush.....

There's no sense, the fire burns
When wisdom fails, it changes all
The wheel embodies all that keeps on turning

Blood red skies, I feel so cold
No innocence, we play our roll
The wheel embodies all
Where are we going?

All in all
You expect the wise to be wiser
Fallen from grace and
All and all I guess we should have known better

'Cause what about us, isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want
And it's all that we're fighting for
Though it's not paradise

You and us or I and them
There comes a time to take a stand
The wheel is watching all it keeps on burning
The venom works it's like a curse
A trojan horse when will we learn?
The wheel embodies all that keeps returning

All in all you expect the wise to be wiser
Fallen from grace and
All and all I guess we should have known better

'Cause.... What about us, isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want
And it's all that we're fighting for
Though it's not paradise
What about us
Isn't it enough.....
Don't look back
Take the chance
Design your universe

~ Epica ~
^No problem. Maybe put your posts in draft and save then re-open. Not sure if that will work but don't really know what else to suggest!  Blush

Nicely not overdone by the School of Rock. (I've never been able to understand that the Mamas and the Papas album cover! Lol! What were they thinking??!)
i awoke this morning and have no idea why, but i had this song in my head...
had to go straight to YT to play the clip:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 786 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 20 7,463 18-02-2023, 03:05
Last Post: GlitchedSalvation
  Listening ridiculous number of times to same recording. SophiaL 7 3,087 01-09-2022, 10:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  Beautiful & Emotional Anime Soundtracks I'm Listening koukei 0 1,447 29-12-2016, 02:20
Last Post: koukei
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,496 05-12-2016, 04:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What song are you listening to right now? nka 1 1,605 04-09-2016, 08:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 2,944 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Music Study Listening Tests! ANYONE? jdalgl201 0 1,278 17-02-2016, 21:12
Last Post: jdalgl201
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,594 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,206 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal