Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
^^ Yep, it's not good for my blood pressure :tongue: Luckily, it'll be over soon.
Another pet peeve, Pop-Up Ads. Look, I understand why ads are necessary for a website since it helps them, but it's annoying to be on a page and be redirected away from it to some random page trying to give me a prize or a funky website that might have malware. If you don't want people using Adblock then consider using less intrusive ads and better content.
Just saying, you can have ads which help pay for your website and still not be pushed down my throat.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
Whoever came up with the saying "Sticks and stones might break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is soooooooo wrong on so many levels that it's not even funny. Yes, words can hurt you and you can feel the sting many years afterwards. Imagine if your own mother said she hates you to your face, that stuff can hit real deep.
Yes, what you say matters and how you treat people does too. It's called mindfulness and not everyone develops it. You can learn to not let what others say hurt you as much or dismiss what haters say, it's just not easy.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
so we nominated Ruby for President...
we now have our VP candidate in Oceansoul!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
05-10-2016, 13:37
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 13:42 by Oceansoul.)
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:so we nominated Ruby for President...
we now have our VP candidate in Oceansoul!
Hahaha, I'm honored. :tongue:
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
When the news has the Donald everywhere, give me a break. I watch the news when something is relevant to the election, a debate, or another event happens otherwise I won't watch it. I get high blood pressure if I do and frankly I think it's best to give him little of my attention hence why I've been keeping some distance since the Presidential nominees were determined. I plan on voting, but it's out of protest more than anything.
Unless I have a good reason to other than staying informed then I won't feed into the media craze over him nor his ego. I've done enough of that already and considering he says or does something worse with the more attention he gets, hmm it almost seems to be a part of the reason he does it.
So yeah, I'm over it and no, I'm not that shocked anymore because he is predictable.
/Rant over
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Well, have to stop on this one since it has turned into Politics.
I'm in the minority anyway.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
09-10-2016, 00:27
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2016, 01:09 by Oceansoul.)
Lovely Linda Wrote:Well, have to stop on this one since it has turned into Politics.
I'm in the minority anyway.
Nope, I'm not turning this into a politics thread. This is a pet peeves thread which is pretty broad in the scope of things it can include and that is one for me and has been for a while now. You can ignore the posts of mine that you do not like btw and considering we have different views on Trump, most of our debating/arguing about him is futile anyway since I don't see either changing tbh.
Pigs will probably grow wings and fly before mine ever changes at this point haha.
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
I'm going to read your posts even if I don't reply.
Smarter than I am. I had to look up what futile meant :laugh:
I posted awhile ago but Matthew shut down my PC.
My pet peeve right now is Matthew!! I'm sick of this storm!!
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
09-10-2016, 02:09
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 19:24 by Oceansoul.)
Lovely Linda Wrote:I'm going to read your posts even if I don't reply.
Smarter than I am. I had to look up what futile meant :laugh:
I posted awhile ago but Matthew shut down my PC.
My pet peeve right now is Matthew!! I'm sick of this storm!!
Heh, I wouldn't say I'm smarter. I do like reading a lot including the dictionary and encyclopedia.
Yeah, I don't blame you for hating Matthew. That storm has been a deadly and destructive one.