Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i have no idea who they were, was something i remembered from a Macca interview a few years ago...
i cant even recall if Macca ever mentioned the name of the band.
so yes....
time for Gryphon to ring the "chimes of knowledge"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I now recall reading the same article Crazy mate. He had to stop smoking, he was smoking three or four packs a day and it affected his voice...no kidding ..lol..and I don't think he named the band ...maybe they were just a band of villagers who blew him away! Gryphon may know more !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
SteveO Wrote:I now recall reading the same article Crazy mate. He had to stop smoking, he was smoking three or four packs a day and it affected his voice...no kidding ..lol..and I don't think he named the band ...maybe they were just a band of villagers who blew him away! Gryphon may know more !
I'm not Gryphon (stand pale in his shadow, actually) but if I may chime in with this Wiki on that album:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_on_the_Run << Long story short--it was Fela Kuti's band and there were repercussions << no pun intended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fela_Kuti
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR