Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Oh yes!!!! Reb loves David Phelps!!! He is definitely one of the best singers that I have had the pleasure to listen to!!!!

mile:
rebelgirl Wrote:Ask SteveO :laugh: My favorite Gospel singer is David Phelps. He is fabulous!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Myfriendtiny Wrote:Oh that is cool. I have wanted to play electric guitar before but after i started playing acoutic guitar I haven't really wanted to play a electric. I can also play the piano.
Can we hear some of your piano playing somewhere?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
Jerome Wrote:Can we hear some of your piano playing somewhere?
I will try to figure something about for ya'll.
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.â â B.B. King
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Truly not pulling anybody's leg, especially not Sister RebelGirl but I've shown quirky and eccentric and here I go again: I like that huge category known as alt-country. Here's a couple of examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrmN473LJw and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Ldtc90-z0 << I like
robustas mydamnself. David Allan Coe got to be in the mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9coh7mBHwr4 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ewOMNqkYA << he and his brethren brought me to country without having to wade through all that countrypolitan sludge then current. OK, not all jokey stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDIJ-3hGL2A and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM Want more of a trad country?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTbVh8Bgh0 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfQ0YvW0VOw 2 by T. Graham Brown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHrN3oGfQ1k and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSdze_yYeKc 2 songs that reduce me to tears every time (great for ridding yourself of accumulated emotional junk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9ZkYViEIs << as true now as when written...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW399cBGcWg << the best tenor in the popular music spectrum
Just to end on a goof (or not):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFJlbJxnw0 << they had permission from JC to use the name
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
11-03-2014, 16:39
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 16:50 by SteveO.)
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
I LOVE this song by George Strait..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0j5twurJ0M
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.â â B.B. King
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Geoege Strait is certainly a good singer!! He came here a couple of times for our Azalea festival years ago when he was just starting out .
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
rebelgirl Wrote:Geoege Strait is certainly a good singer!! He came here a couple of times for our Azalea festival years ago when he was just starting out .
Man.....I wish I could see George Strait...........
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.â â B.B. King
Posts: 893
Threads: 38
Joined: Jun 2012
I am all about country.
God bless you always!!!
Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2014
James Otto Sweet Heart Wrote:I am all about country.
God bless you always!!!
Holly
Me tooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love country music more than any other kind of music.....
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.â â B.B. King