Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do you play?
#41
play guitar... wanna learn to play the mandolin, too cool
Reply
#42
I play most normal instruments...all string, brass, woodwind, guitar, piano, percussion and a few odd instruments, chanter, sacbut, ocarina, melodica, accordian and such, but not Lute or Theremin :eek:
Reply
#43
pennywill Wrote:I play most normal instruments...all string, brass, woodwind, guitar, piano, percussion and a few odd instruments, chanter, sacbut, ocarina, melodica, accordian and such, but not Lute or Theremin :eek:

you need to broaden your skills

Reply
#44
Music Head Wrote:you need to broaden your skills

Yes, I have been thinking of making my own Theremin :eek:
Reply
#45
The world definitely needs more Theremin players.

I have actually seen one of these used live. John Otway - British eccentric musician - played one during one song at a local festival we attended a few years ago...
Reply
#46
Just had to post this when you mention Wild Willy and Jon Otway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYOZyNoc...re=related

They were irreplaceableCool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#47
^ Absolutely.

I remember reading about them doing a UK tour some years back when money was tight. They used public transport for the tour, and camped in tents...
Reply
#48
I love Bill Bailey, and here he is explaining the Theremin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AerCCx7Fas
Reply
#49
That's quite admirable.

I wouldn't do that in a million years.. but hey, different times now.
Reply
#50
I've played the drums for about 15 years now. I also play guitar and piano. Wow I would love to learn to play th theremin!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Do You Play? Nick Dilley 28 16,961 05-02-2020, 08:20
Last Post: Subtle Q
  Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk Fuzz 0 1,665 26-08-2016, 07:04
Last Post: Fuzz
  When I grow up I want to play??? ambernector 28 12,362 19-03-2015, 05:07
Last Post: jazzboCR
  First song you learnt to play? dominic_john 46 17,527 01-04-2013, 10:07
Last Post: rkumarveomit

Forum Jump: